Basketball Ainge says KG making progress in knee rehab

GotGibson?

Bench Warmer
Kevin Garnett is reportedly making steady progress in his recovery from knee surgery.

Boston Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge said the team is taking it slowly with Garnett's recovery, according to The Boston Globe.

"Kevin looks good, he's in here working out every day,'' Ainge said Wednesday, according to the Globe. "He's doing his training, but he's not playing full-court basketball yet.

"We're taking it as slow and as cautious as we can with him. He's anxious and he has a ton of energy, but I think he gets it," Ainge said, according to the Globe. "We don't have bodyguards on him to keep him from working too hard. He's on the program with the staff."

Garnett, who sparked the Celtics' run to the 2008 NBA title and was the league's 2007-08 defensive player of the year, played only 57 games last season and missed the playoffs after injuring his right knee. He had bone spurs removed during arthroscopic surgery on May 26.

Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo, who spoke with the Boston-area media on Wednesday, said he's looking forward to Garnett's return -- especially when it comes to feeding him alley-oop assists.

"That was four assists a game,'' Rondo said, according to the Globe. "I'm sure he can still jump. I'm sure he doesn't lose his explosiveness. With an injury, he could, but he works really hard and I'm sure he'll be back to normal.''

Back