Basketball All Bulls active players practice

GotGibson?

Bench Warmer
No matter what happened on the practice floor Sunday afternoon, the Bulls' practice had to be considered a success.

For the first time in three weeks, all the active players were healthy enough to participate the entire time -- including Derrick Rose [ankle], Kirk Hinrich [elbow] and Jannero Pargo [back], who all sat out Friday's final preseason game.

"Everyone practiced. Let's see how they feel in the morning, but we had a full group today which was great to get that," Bulls coach Vinny Del Negro said.

Del Negro must feel especially relieved that Rose is back. The Bulls point guard practiced without any restrictions and reported no pain afterward. "Right now I'm feeling good," Rose said. "Just have to get back in condition."

Despite the good news, Rose admitted that he is still not close to being 100 percent.

"That's far away still," he said. "Out there, it's still kind of stiff. I told Lindsey [Hunter] I know how they feel when they have to stretch now. Usually I'll just go out there and run, but now I really gotta take stretching into consideration."

As excited as Rose is to be back, the 21-year-old still didn't seem certain that the team would clear him to play in the regular-season opener on Thursday against the San Antonio Spurs.

If he continues to practice well, though, that probably won't be an issue.

"Hopefully I'll be playing," Rose said. "It's up to them.

"I'm practicing -- so if every practice goes well, I know I'll be playing."

Back