Football Anyone like these?

Vikesrule

Bench Warmer
Just trying to see if anyone wants one of these. I'm looking for the usual's-AP, Brady, Romo, Peyton etc. as well as Vikes and HOF auto's but I'm open to trade bait too. Please let me know what you have in this area. I can check buckets but it may take a bit longer (just a head's up-I am very good to trade with!). The Quinn books $150 and the Russell/Johnson is $NA. It's the red version with a rumored print run of 10. The regular blue version books at $200. Thanks for looking!
Quinnrcauto003.jpg

fbpics824.jpg

Just a heads up to everyone that my computer's hard drive crashed so I'm using a friends right now and will be able to check once a day until I get another computer later this week. I will reply to all posts once a day.

marinocollector said:
That dual Premiere is not authentic.... neither of those players autos look anything like that
just wondering why you say that
there are alot of them on ebay that look the same
are those ones fake as well?
im not good at noticing fakes so im just wondering how you know

marinocollector said:
That dual Premiere is not authentic.... neither of those players autos look anything like that
The Quinn was received in a trade but in regards to the dual auto, I have a hard time believing it is a fake since I actually did pull this myself. It was my best one since 1998. In the future you may want to contact someone with a PM instead of posting on their thread first as I really don't like having to do damage control from your opinion, however well intended it may be.

I put it in the public's eye so that no one would be taken advantage of... The auto's on both of the players sides are consistent with the "player issue" counterfeits that have been circulating... and is inconsistent with autos of both of those players. This is what is commonly viewed as the genuine article for this card:

2007 Topps Calvin Johnson Jamarcus Russell RC Auto RED - eBay (item 310159299003 end time Oct-31-09 02:33:22 PDT)

I am not questioning your story, just voicing the ideas that are being circulated amongst the site. Could you provide a scan of the back of the russell and cj?

marinocollector said:
I put it in the public's eye so that no one would be taken advantage of... The auto's on both of the players sides are consistent with the "player issue" counterfeits that have been circulating... and is inconsistent with autos of both of those players. This is what is commonly viewed as the genuine article for this card:

2007 Topps Calvin Johnson Jamarcus Russell RC Auto RED - eBay (item 310159299003 end time Oct-31-09 02:33:22 PDT)

I am not questioning your story, just voicing the ideas that are being circulated amongst the site. Could you provide a scan of the back of the russell and cj?
It may be hard to get a scan immediately as (in a previous post in this thread) my hard drive crashed and I can only reply from work. I will try to find a way to get the back of the card up so everyone can see but it may take until the end of the week before I get a new computer.
SO TO EVERYONE INTERESTED please check back as this posting has taken a turn and I must now prove myself to be holding the authentic article.
I will check back tomorrow for any other questions. Thanks.

Well I won't be able to get a new computer for another two weeks but I've been able to borrow my friend's for a little bit to look into this and it looks like you guys may be right. I've found out quite a bit as well as talked to Topps directly. I don't have tons of time but here's a short view of what I've found:
I was at a show and bought a "hot pack" with a guaranteed hit. You can't ever feel good about this online since you can get one without repurcussions if it doesn't have a hit but this table had a guarantee if you open it up right there. That's how I got the pack.
Since I've been checking into this whole dibacle I checked a lot of Ebay feedback for Hot Packs and the feedback seems to have a bit of "obviously glued shut" consistency.
I called Topps to see if they could check it against the database for authenticity. However Topps does NOT have any database and the numers on the back have no tracking at all. I was told they quit using them for a while since they were getting peeled off and put on other cards.
Well more bad luck. As I looked into this, lots of articles are out there showing the differences between the real ones and the fakes and it looks like this one is definitely NOT the real one.
Here's a couple links to see what to look for. This sure sucks.
Sports Cards Uncensored: The Fake Rookie Premiere Autos Have Spread
Tuff Stuff Magazine - Tuff Stuffs Hobby Watchdog warns of fake sig cards on eBay

Wow. i know Vikesrule AKA Chris and he would not post a card knowingly that it is a fake. if it is he was definatley not trying to rip any1 off. I can assure you he is a stand up guy. I just wanted to let any1 questioning his integrity. I have traded with Chris a lot and he is a great, stand up guy, I hope this all gets settled. Also in the future any issues like this should be a private matter disscussed within the party's involved in the trade/sell. And therefor it would help and misconception be handled properly so that nobody integrity be at jeopardy.

Vikesrule said:
Well I won't be able to get a new computer for another two weeks but I've been able to borrow my friend's for a little bit to look into this and it looks like you guys may be right. I've found out quite a bit as well as talked to Topps directly. I don't have tons of time but here's a short view of what I've found:
I was at a show and bought a "hot pack" with a guaranteed hit. You can't ever feel good about this online since you can get one without repurcussions if it doesn't have a hit but this table had a guarantee if you open it up right there. That's how I got the pack.
Since I've been checking into this whole dibacle I checked a lot of Ebay feedback for Hot Packs and the feedback seems to have a bit of "obviously glued shut" consistency.
I called Topps to see if they could check it against the database for authenticity. However Topps does NOT have any database and the numers on the back have no tracking at all. I was told they quit using them for a while since they were getting peeled off and put on other cards.
Well more bad luck. As I looked into this, lots of articles are out there showing the differences between the real ones and the fakes and it looks like this one is definitely NOT the real one.
Here's a couple links to see what to look for. This sure sucks.
Sports Cards Uncensored: The Fake Rookie Premiere Autos Have Spread
Tuff Stuff Magazine - Tuff Stuffs Hobby Watchdog warns of fake sig cards on eBay

sounds like you bought a resealed pack.

Well from what i see he stated he was using a friends computer and now it changed to a computer from work! Which one is it bud? I also believe that dual is fake! Its the internet i can post a scan of a card and say i pulled it as well and that it was my best pull since whenever as well! I am not doubting you just voicing what i see here! Buddys and i have been discussing alot of fakes of these topps rc premier autos, which have been surfacing alot reciently!

Back