Anyone working on vintage sets?

Total failure on the 72's. Those high numbers are tough and mine were definitely not nr-mt. On the '68 Red Sox I found #'s 2, 406,481, and 519. They book for $25. I'll deliver them to you for $11.75 in bubble mailer or less in an envelope at your risk. Hope to hear back, thanks---Jim;) Just found 2 more Red Sox. #6-Yaz/Killebrew/Howard and #555 Tartabul. The Yaz etal bokks for $8 and the Tartabull for $6. That brings total BV to $39. I'll deliver for $17.50. Man I'm trying here. Tough crowd to make a sale to.:confused:

Hi Jim,
Do you have any Reds from 68 thru 75? I'm attempting to put together team sets and do not have any cards from those years.

Thanks

Bret

I just bought this massive collection from someone in Cinncinati and it has a ton of Reds cards in it. I'll see what I can put together. I have gotten way behind at my shop on things and it may take a while for me to get back to you. Thanks for your reply. Jim

Sounds good Jim. Whenever you get time is fine. You may want to PM me as I just check this board from time to time.

Thanks!

Bret

Yo, Surfer dude-- I'll dop what pleases you but I would suggest we work together on this so you don't end up with dupes. Tell me waht your budget is and I'll put together a lot for you. Guarateed that you will be happy. LMK--JIm

cardjim said:
Yo, Surfer dude-- I'll dop what pleases you but I would suggest we work together on this so you don't end up with dupes. Tell me waht your budget is and I'll put together a lot for you. Guarateed that you will be happy. LMK--JIm

I will not be home til next weekend and thats where the lot is currently stored, but I will let you know next weekend.

cardjim said:
I just bought this massive collection from someone in Cinncinati and it has a ton of Reds cards in it. I'll see what I can put together. I have gotten way behind at my shop on things and it may take a while for me to get back to you. Thanks for your reply. Jim

Hi Jim,
Have you had a chance to check on those Reds yet?

Thanks,
Bret

cardjim said:
Believe it or not I have some 78 Donruss Elvis, even have unopened boxes. Should have around 10,000 mint 84 donruss. Thanks for the reply. Jim

Jim,

Thanks for checking on those '72s for me. I have about 800 or so Elvis raw cards to look through to hopefully find some of those last few that I need in PSA 9 shape or better.

Do you have your '84 Donruss sorted? I need some specific numbers for upgrades (and five of them outright) if you could look them up.....

#5 Leon Durham Diamond King (Steele Version) (need outright)
#7 Jack Clark Diamond King (Steele Version)
#8 Dave Dravecky Diamond King (Steele Version)
#15 Lance Parrish Diamond King (Steele Version)
#16 Matt Young Diamond King (Steele Version)
#24 Pedro Guerrero Diamond King (Steele Version)
#209 Bobby Ramos
#471 Milt Wilcox
#472 Tippy Martinez
#480 Joel Youngblood (need outright)
#535 Bob Horner (need outright)
#546 Vance Law (need outright)
#605 Alfredo Griffin (need outright)

.....can you please let me know if you have any of these? Thanks.

Can you be a little more specific? I've had zero luck here selling any vintage. Seems most folks want something for next to nothing. Not saying that your offer is by any means like the others, just that I've spent quite a few hours digging up peoples wants only to be insulted. So like what year and what % of book do you think is fair. Want stars with those lots of just commons?
JLMK Peace--Jim:)

Back