Armour in the mail

gosox55

Bench Warmer
Just thought I'd post this Armour coin I received yesterday.

1959ArmourCoinNellieFoxblue.jpg

It's my third Fox Armour coin.

Richard
gosox55

Yeah, I like em a lot. I even have a Jackie Jensen from when I was a kid (in my infinite wisdom I put a hole through it) actually gotten from a pack of franks my parents bought.

xcys.jpg

Completely worthless as far as money goes of course but I wouldn’t part with it for the world.

There was a series of 22 in 1955, a series of 20 in 1959 (of which the blue fox is one), and a series of 20 in 1960. There are many variations in 1955 and there are a great many different colors in all years out there with some pretty rare colors. There is also a very short produced coin in 1960 (Bud Daley) with catalog values starting out over 200$ in good. Either of the big catalogs would have checklists, and I suspect Beckett would have a list also.

Wow, that's really neat. I have never seen or heard of those before. Let me know when you get the cards from our trade.

scittlz said:
Wow, that's really neat. I have never seen or heard of those before. Let me know when you get the cards from our trade.

They have quite a large following among the vintage folks, I just wish I had the scratch to get a complete set.
Trade hasn't arrived as of today. Will check the mail again later (sometimes it's late), when they arrive I'll give you a quick PM.

Richard
gosox55

Pee632 said:
Sweet how many do you have ?

Have the three in my Sox PC and about half a dozen more (1 59 the rest 60s) in with my assorted vintage cards, I've gotten several by buying lots on ebay to get a fox. I don't collect or search them out like I do the 55 Bowman set (my childhood collection that naturally vanished).

Back