Baseball Bagwell on the Ballot

If Biggio/Bagwell get in, then Whitaker/Trammell should be in. The Tigers duo was THE BEST up the middle duo of their time, and possibly ever. They definitely redefined the importance of a good 2B/SS combo, yet neither are likely to make it into the HOF.

That being said, look at the rest of the ballot. It's a safe bet that Roberto Alomar and Bert Blyleven get in, and probably nobody else. I can only hope that Mr. JACK MORRIS gets in, then it's one more Tigers player that is more than deserving...

not sure STAT wise that WHITAKER/TRAMMELL compare to BIGGIO/BAGWELL

BIGGIO got 3000 hits.. he is a shoe in IMO

BAGWELL could possibly not get it.. . but if you compare him to other in his era... no way he should not get in... eventually

and yet Trammell/Whitaker each had 2300+ hits, a championship from 84 (which the B's don't have), 1 ROY (to Whitaker, Trammell finished fourth that year), 11 ASG's, 7 Gold Glove, 7 Silver Slugger, 4 top 10 MVP, and both meeting the standards of other HOFers based on data from baseball reference.

Award wise, Bagwell/Biggio are similar except replace WS ring w/ Bagwell's MVP award. I agree that Bagwell probably gets in, but Biggio can't just ride the Bagwell tail and get in that way. Whitaker and Trammell tried that with each other, and look where that has got them now.

Now if Lou/Alan could share a plaque and vote for them together on the ballot, then they would already be in.:p

uh... BIGGIO ride the BAGWELL Trail? I think you may have that switched... BIGGIO is a 1st ballot hall of famer NO DOUBT

I dont see BAGWELL getting in 1st BALLOT

BIGGIO was an ALL STAR CATCHER, ALL-STAR 2nd BASEMEN and ALL-STAR OUTFIELDER.... who has done that before?

tigsfan said:
If Biggio/Bagwell get in, then Whitaker/Trammell should be in. The Tigers duo was THE BEST up the middle duo of their time, and possibly ever. They definitely redefined the importance of a good 2B/SS combo, yet neither are likely to make it into the HOF.

That being said, look at the rest of the ballot. It's a safe bet that Roberto Alomar and Bert Blyleven get in, and probably nobody else. I can only hope that Mr. JACK MORRIS gets in, then it's one more Tigers player that is more than deserving...
LOL at this..get a clue son..LOL Biggio is only the 27th player out of what 100+ years of baseball to go over 3000 hits...lol...sorry homer, i can't help myself from laffing (whitaker) LOL...LOL...stop

Ground Support said:
Trammel / Whitaker - 1 WS Championship

Biggio/Bagwell - Swept in their only WS appearance.

so by this great logic....

Adam Morrison and Derek Fisher are greater than Stockton/Malone lol

Biggio=Stat compiler

Biggio & Bagwell will have to catch breaks to make the HOF. They're part of the steroid era conversation and the voters will take that into play

Back