Hockey Best Card you EVER pulled Yourself ???

02viperacr

Bench Warmer
I thought id start a thread on whats the best card you ever personally pulled?

I have to say ive never really pulled anything insane ... even though i did buy a lot of boxes ...

I guess one thing i remember was Back in the day Select Certified ... mid 90's or so ... i went to the Card show and saw they had GOLD TEAM cards in all Gold and they looked so expensive and cool , but i couldnt afford a Box. ... i was so Sad ( i was a Kid ) ... then my dad sayed you can afford a few packs ... and i was like ... im not gonna get anything with a few packs ... so i didnt want to but just as we were gonna leave i bought 3 packs ... on the way back home from the cardshow i opened the packs and i got a Mirror Gold of Kirk Mclean in one pack ... a Certifed Future Peter Forsberg in another pack ( which was the most expensive in that insert set ) and a Mario Lemieux GOLD TEAM card in the 3rd pack ... i was in AWWWW ... only 3 packs and got the best insert cards you could get ... it was so good i told my dad to get me another 3 packs for my B-day that year and he did and i Pulled ... a Wayne Gretzky Mirror GOLD !!!! YeeaaaooO!! ... He bought me 3 packs of 96 Topps FINEST as well and i pulled a LEMIEUX REFRACTOR! ...

Yes , there values have dropped insanely since that time , but they are worth more to me then any new card with patch/auto etc.

Cg

possibly this year i pulled a schmidt jersey,a jeter/jackson dual jersey auto, a liriano/mauer patch, and a garland printing plate from three packs of Ultimate 2006

ultimate001.jpg

3 packs plus the box loader

Back