Football Bowman Chrome card "finish" problem

mniceman

Bench Warmer
Hi -
I hope this is the right forum for this question...i'm new to this site.

I was looking again at my 2000 bowman chrome Tom Brady #236 just because I thought it is cool that the price is so high right now - i was going to show the kids (maybe they'll drop their fascination with Pokeman). I noticed that the card's finish seems to be sort of faded and discolored. It was almost like the card was adhereing to the inside of the UltraPro sleeve (the sleeve was inside a top loader and it was with other cards in a plastic storage box). It acted just a little bit sticky too, like there humidity involved or something. It's cool in our basement - but we're in a split-level and it isn't damp or excessively humid. I'm ticked about this card, because now I think it's probably not in mint condition, but I can't figure that I did anything wrong in storing it.
Has anyone else seen this in Bowman Chrome in UltraPro sleeves?

Jeremy

I've seen this with all chrome cards in ultra pro and other brands of sleeves. Don't worry about the condition of the card as it is just fine. Remove the card from the toploader and sleeve and take a soft non-abrasive cloth (I use the same type of cloth used to clean eyeglasses) and wipe the surface of the card. The offending finish will wipe right off without damage to the card. Replace the soft sleeve with a new one and place the card back in the toploader. Nice card btw!

Back