Football Brady Quinn May be starter.... Frye traded

panthers4ever

Bench Warmer
to the seahawks

The Cleveland Browns have agreed to trade starting quarterback Charlie Frye to the Seattle Seahawks. Terms of the deal have yet to be made public.

Frye, who won an open competition over Derek Anderson during the preseason for the starting job, didn't last a single game as the Browns' 2007 starter. He was yanked with 6:34 remaining in the second quarter of the Steelers' 34-7 rout of the Browns. By then, he had gone 4-of-10 for 34 yards, thrown an interception and been sacked five times for a quarterback rating of 10.0.

Frye, in his third year, has completed 354 of 568 passes for 3,490 yards, 14 touchdowns and 24 interceptions.

Anderson was only slightly better than Frye, going 13-of-28 for 184 yards, opening the possibility that rookie Brady Quinn could see the field sooner than had been exepected.

My sister is available as a back up.....

I would hate to see them rush Quinn to start prematurely.... He is talented, but with a new offense to run and a line that can not protect him, the only running he would do would be for his life....

I don't get why the Browns are even thinking about starting Quinn yet. Dime is right - he needs to get used to the offense first and after a few weeks he should be ready. But Derek Anderson is a pretty good QB and I think he should be the starter. As for signing Dorsey I think that might just be to fill the 3rd QB spot since they are talking about trading Frye.

Let the O-Line mature some before you put Quinn and your future out there....
Vick was a talented quarterback as a rookie with a terrible OLine but at least he had quick feet....Quinn is not any where near as agile and actually more fragile...

Back