Cowboys games should be interesting.

I think they either need to raise it up or take it down 1 of the 2 otherwise I say they should have to forfit there games until they do. Its not right other team have to play in the crap stadium. As for Jerry Jones :boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

They need to raise it. During the game yesterday, Titans announcers said it got hit over and over and over again during pregame warmups. I don't think that punters would hit it on purpose in the middle of a game unless they want the crap beat out of them by fellow special teamers who would have to sprint down the field again.

its true home field advantage...gotta learn how it works...will hurt the kickers/punters from the visiting team, but the cowboys shouldnt have any problems

its true home field advantage...gotta learn how it works...will hurt the kickers/punters from the visiting team, but the cowboys shouldnt have any problems

They dont have to learn how it works. As soon as the ball hits the board, its dead and they have to re-kick. There is no advantage to either team. Its just an annoyance.

So line drive kicks with no hang time whatsoever = advantage to the Cowboys? :scratch:

Can't quite say I'm following that logic.

they were talking about that screen during the game. it cost 40 million to build... that is more than the cost of building their old stadium entirely.

the punters were trying to hit it during warm-ups and AJ Trepasso (ohio state punter now with titans) actually punted one into the rafters of the stadium, crazy. Trepasso is awesome.

Like the article said though, if a punter is trying to kill the clock, they can just keep kicking it into the screen. Time doesn't reset, but they replay the down. You could kill an entire quarter by just kicking it straight up.

and the punter will probably get fined his entire salary if he does this.....the nfl rule book clear states objects have to be 85 feet above the field....the screen is 90.....cowboys win again!!!!!

and the punter will probably get fined his entire salary if he does this.....the nfl rule book clear states objects have to be 85 feet above the field....the screen is 90.....cowboys win again!!!!!

It has been discussed that this may be an outdated rule and would have to be revised. Either way, the screen should have been tested before being hung. The Colts' engineer originally planned on having the same type of screen hung at their stadium. The president of the team had them hang a bar 90 feet in the air and had their kicker kick punts. He said that the majority of punts went over the bar, and they decided to put the screen on the walls. They played it smart.

Also note that the screen has to be moved for a U2 concert in a few months anyways. So, when they move it, why not just raise it higher and leave it there?

This is a dated rule...like from the 50s or something...before steroids.

The league has decided to allow it this season, and let kickers re-kick it every time it hits. However, they will re-examine the situation in the off-season. My guess is this will be the only season they allow it to hang at 90 feet.

Back