Basketball Derrick Rose... SCARED?

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
ESPN (Mike and Mike) reported this morning there are quite a few news services reporting that Derrick Rose was "SCARED" to come back and play this year.

One of my favorite quotes comes from Wizards Rookie Bradley Beal (as reported by Fox Sports):

Wizards rookie Bradley Beal told the Washington radio station 106.7 The Fan that he thought Derrick Rose was “scared” to return after sitting out the entire season and the playoffs recovering from knee surgery.

“He might have to give it a go,” Beal said. “If you’re practicing for two months, and then everybody in practice is saying you’re practicing well, I mean, I think you have to give it a shot in the game. Look at David Lee. You don’t have to play significant minutes, but the fact that you’re out there and that you’re actually giving it a go, I think people will respect that.”

Rose, who suffered a torn ACL and two meniscus tears during last year’s playoffs, was cleared by the team to play, but never suited up for the Bulls.

Cleared by the team to play. Suck it up Rose! You basically turned your back on your team!

Don't give me the ol' "but it was a torn ACL" excuse... look at how many Running Backs in the NFL come back from a torn ACL within a matter of months.

Yeah people has been saying that for months.

Rose keeps saying he doesn't have the "muscle memory" back yet.

He wasn't scared, it was all a conspiracy and he was never injured to begin with!!!

http://www.theheckler.com/2013/05/1...injury-as-unofficial-suspension-for-gambling/

Can you imagine? Basketball is in enough trouble with their fan base. If this story was to break and verified, wow... the commissioner's office and the NBA would be in deep doo-doo!

Watching Mike and Mike (ESPN) and they haven't even touched upon this conspiracy theory. Oh well... guess we can all make jokes about the Heat/Bulls Series...

What did Miami have for dinner during the playoffs? Not sure, but I do know it wasn't "Chicken" (yeah, sorry joke, but it's the only thing that came to mind)

I think that Derrick Rose is scared and is a baby. Like you said about the NFL running backs, he needs to toughen up and get back on the court. The team needed him but he could not, no, did not come through for them. Come on Rose.

Rose indicated yesterday he would be ready for the first game of the 2013-2014 season. Well, I would hope so! It's been well over a year since the injury, and I know everyone's body is different, but you're being paid too much money to sit on the bench. He is supposed to be the FRANCHISE player. It really baffled me when I saw Iman Shumpert of the Knicks giving his all in the post season and Rose in his suit, when they both tore their knees up on the same night last year.

I personally don't think he was scared. This is one of the few times I actually agreed with a telecast from Magic Johnson.

I think we all speak as fans and not bother to look ahead. Ok, we all know he was injured and just coming off it. But just because he came off it doesn't mean he was fully ready to play. Not to mention they would be asking way too much for him to come back AND beat the best team in the league.

He's doing what Tracy McGrady SHOULD have done. Instead of coming back, take the time to rest properly and heal properly. Tracy McGrady was a Kobe Bryant level player. But because of him coming back from injury after injury without proper healing, his skills diminished to the point he can barely take off for a dunk.

That would be Derrick Rose's fate if he played just because the fans want to see a show.

This just reminds me of a quote Derrick Rose once said:
I have a lot more confidence this year than any other year , I played in the league. I put in so much work this summer. I shoot better. I have confidence now to take the shot, no matter when or where it is or how many times I miss. If I'm open, I'm going to shoot. -Derrick Rose

I love his style, to me he is hungry for the game.

This just reminds me of a quote Derrick Rose once said:
I have a lot more confidence this year than any other year , I played in the league. I put in so much work this summer. I shoot better. I have confidence now to take the shot, no matter when or where it is or how many times I miss. If I'm open, I'm going to shoot. -Derrick Rose

I love his style, to me he is hungry for the game.

His personality was always likeable. But then again, so was the persona of a lot of athletes when they first go pro. But as the years move along and we see them more, they slowly change. Some of them start to act like they're God's gift.

Hopefully D.Rose doesn't fall into that category.

I feel bad for Derrick Rose. He has so much potential and has showed so much skill and leadership qualities. This is the downside to being a big sports star. The pressure to compete and prove your worth is so high and a lot of times one good injury will ruin your career. I hope D Rose pulls through but I wouldn't be surprised if he was a little cautious.

I feel bad for Derrick Rose. He has so much potential and has showed so much skill and leadership qualities. This is the downside to being a big sports star. The pressure to compete and prove your worth is so high and a lot of times one good injury will ruin your career. I hope D Rose pulls through but I wouldn't be surprised if he was a little cautious.

Derrick Rose has skill and IS a leader no question. But people are expected way too much of him. Fans want him to risk his longevity for the "right now". The man has to make money for the long term. People don't understand that.

I think that's hilarious! I never liked Derrick Rose or any of the new school Bulls for that matter. I'm a Pistons fan but I always liked the Bulls too when they had Jordan and Pippen. After that era was over I couldn't stand anyone who played basketball for Chicago. Things will just never be the same.

Back