Basketball expensive cards

Selling price wise?? Back in the day this bad boy brought me in some huge $$. Its /5

49_1.jpg

Also once owned the card on the bottom right. Sold it a bit early. But made good coin on it still!!

Scan10154.jpg

I had an Carmelo Exquisite rookie that I pulled from a box. Worth about $850 at the time, traded it for a bunch of boxes of football cards. It's like $2100 now.

The worst day was when I was at a Tristar show in St Louis some years back and a guy had about 6 packs of SP Authentic 98-99 (Carter rookie). I bough 4 of the packs and didn't get crap, the guy behind me bought the last 2 and got the carter rookie ($1000 at the time). I was so ;pissed that I bought a box of SP finite hoping to get a carter rookie not realizing that the rookies didn't even come in that box, they came in another box of a totally different set.

johnjohnny said:
The worst day was when I was at a Tristar show in St Louis some years back and a guy had about 6 packs of SP Authentic 98-99 (Carter rookie). I bough 4 of the packs and didn't get crap, the guy behind me bought the last 2 and got the carter rookie ($1000 at the time). I was so ;pissed that I bought a box of SP finite hoping to get a carter rookie not realizing that the rookies didn't even come in that box, they came in another box of a totally different set.

The spx finite rookies came in UD series 2 boxes. Each box came with a pack or 2 as box toppers. At one point in time I owned a psa 10 version of the SPX finite carter rookie spectrum /25. I also owned the 15/25 spectrum as well. Made serious coin back then!!

I bought a box of 86 Fleer Basketball in 1987 at a card show in Bloomington, Minnesota (I lived in nearby Apple Valley) for $5.00. I paid $3.00 for a Bill Walton RC, and $1.50 for a Star Gatorade Slam Dunk set. No one cared about basketball cards then. I was an NBA geek. I was 13 years old.

I sold the Jordan RC from the box in 1992 for $1200.00 to pay for my future-wife's prom and 6 months of car insurance.

I wish I had that card back. I still see the guy that I sold it to every now and again. I haven't spoken to him since. Just a poor decision on my part. I should have found a different way to raise the money.

Back