Baseball Fact? Ficton? The 104 PED users!

tigsfan

Bench Warmer
Rumor around the WWW is that this is the list of 104 players who failed MLB's drug test in 2003. I don't really care anymore, but thought I would share.

1.Nomar Garciaparra
2.Manny Ramirez
3.Johnny Damon
4.Trot Nixon
5.David Ortiz
6.Shea Hillenbrand
7.Derek Lowe
8.Pedro Martinez
9.Brian Roberts
10.Jay Gibbons
11.Melvin Mora
12.Jerry Hairston
13.Jason Giambi
14.Alfonso Soriano
15.Raul Mondesi
16. Aaron Boone
17.Andy Pettitte
18.Jose Contreras
19.Roger Clemens
20.Carlos Delgado
21.Vernon Wells
22.Frank Catalanotto
23.Kenny Rogers
24.Magglio Ordonez
25.Sandy Alomar
26.Bartolo Colon
27.Brent Abernathy
28.Jose Lima
29.Milton Bradley
30.Casey Blake
31.Danys Baez
32.Craig Monroe
33.Dmitri Young
34.Alex Sanchez
35.Eric Chavez
36.Miguel Tejada
37.Eric Byrnes
38.Jose Guillen
39.Keith Foulke
40.Ricardo Rincon
41.Bret Boone
42.Mike Cameron
43.Randy Winn
44.Ryan Franklin
45.Freddy Garcia
46.Rafael Soriano
47.Scott Spiezio
48.Troy Glaus
49.Francisco Rodriguez
50.Ben Weber
51.Alex Rodriguez
52.Juan Gonzalez
53.Rafael Palmeiro
54.Carl Everett
55.Javy Lopez
56.Gary Sheffield
57.Mike Hampton
58.Ivan Rodriguez
59.Derrek Lee
60.Bobby Abreu
61.Terry Adams
62.Fernando Tatis
63.Livan Hernandez
64.Hector Almonte
65.Tony Armas
66.Dan Smith
67.Roberto Alomar
68.Cliff Floyd
69.Roger Cedeno
70.Jeromy Burnitz
71.Moises Alou
72.Sammy Sosa
73.Corey Patterson
74.Carlos Zambrano
75.Mark Prior
76.Kerry Wood
77.Matt Clement
78.Antonio Alfonseca
79.Juan Cruz
80.Aramis Ramirez
81.Craig Wilson
82.Kris Benson
83.Richie Sexson
84.Geoff Jenkins
85.Valerio de los Santos
86.Benito Santiago
87.Rich Aurilia
88.Barry Bonds
89.Andres Galarraga
90.Jason Schmidt
91.Felix Rodriguez
92.Jason Christiansen
93.Matt Herges
94.Paul Lo Duca
95.Shawn Green
96.Jason Grimsley
97.Adrian Beltre
98.Eric Gagne
99.Guillermo Mota
100.Luis Gonzalez
101.Todd Helton
102.Ryan Klesko
103.Gary Matthews
104.Oliver Perez

17.Andy Pettitte
19.Roger Clemens

only former astros to fail.

57.Mike Hampton
58.Ivan Rodriguez

only current astros to fail(besides probably biggio)

ILDD said:
17.Andy Pettitte
19.Roger Clemens

only former astros to fail.

57.Mike Hampton
58.Ivan Rodriguez

only current astros to fail(besides probably biggio)
You missed some there...

Miguel Tejada

Roger Cedeno
Jose Lima
Moises Alou

That is alot of players. I ask the question as everyone else probaly have, what does this do for the image and the future of baseball. Every month you hear of 2 or 3 new players. I think it has hurt the game that a lot of us grew up on and it just goes to show that what is done in the dark will come to the light.

Ouch!

1.Nomar Garciaparra - Red Sox
2.Manny Ramirez - Red Sox
3.Johnny Damon - Red Sox/Yankees
4.Trot Nixon - Red Sox
5.David Ortiz - Red Sox
6.Shea Hillenbrand - Red Sox
7.Derek Lowe - Red Sox
8.Pedro Martinez - Red Sox
13.Jason Giambi - Yankees
14.Alfonso Soriano - Yankees
15.Raul Mondesi - Yankees
16. Aaron Boone - Yankees
17.Andy Pettitte - Yankees
18.Jose Contreras - Yankees
19.Roger Clemens - Yankees
23.Kenny Rogers - Yankees
39.Keith Foulke - Red Sox
47.Scott Spiezio - Yankees?
51.Alex Rodriguez - Yankees
54.Carl Everett - Red Sox
56.Gary Sheffield - Yankees
58.Ivan Rodriguez - Yankees
60.Bobby Abreu - Yankees
68.Cliff Floyd - Red Sox
77.Matt Clement - Red Sox
81.Craig Wilson - Yankees
98.Eric Gagne - Red Sox

I am not suprised by ANY of those names... look at the INJURED players on that list.... now that they are NOT using anymore.. look how many have been injured etc...

Clemens
Pettite
Prior
Wood
Lima
Alou
Hampton
Garciapara
Ortiz
Giambi
Boone
Rodgers
Bradley
Rodriguez
Lee
Abreu
Sosa
Palmero
Helton
Beltre

etc etc etc

Steroids etc help with RECOVERY etc ... without it look at the injuries these guys have gone through SINCE 2003... NOT shocking to me at ALL

AND HOLY COW nearly 50 of the freaking names are YANKEES and RED SOX.... WOW! THAT HURTS!

wow huge list.I am not for steroid use but I disagree with the government trying to prosecute these players for something that wasnt illegal until 03.but I guess its ok to smoke pot as long as your on the u.s. olympic team.lol

gordo29 said:
wow huge list.I am not for steroid use but I disagree with the government trying to prosecute these players for something that wasnt illegal until 03.but I guess its ok to smoke pot as long as your on the u.s. olympic team.lol

It is uncertain whether the list is fact or not but many of the names are entirely believable.

I also do not care for the steroid users but I think steroids were banned by MLB in the early 90s (just not tested for until 2003) and steroids were on the controlled substance list made by the government in 1971.

I don't think the feds want to prosecute the players so much but want to know their sources for the stuff.

All in all a sorry period of MLB history.

The fan in me breathes relief that Albert Pujols is not on there. I don't know what kind of reaction there would be here in the STL if he would come up positive.

Then I noticed that with 2-3 quick scans, I didn't see a single 2000-2004 Cardinal on there. That leads me to believe that many didn't get tested, or the list is only made up of players that reached a certain success level, or they only tested players that were part of some "family tree" structure (whereby one player got it from a guy that supplied other, got his buddies hooked up with that guy, etc.).

Ajax44 said:
Then I noticed that with 2-3 quick scans, I didn't see a single 2000-2004 Cardinal on there. That leads me to believe that many didn't get tested, or the list is only made up of players that reached a certain success level, or they only tested players that were part of some "family tree" structure (whereby one player got it from a guy that supplied other, got his buddies hooked up with that guy, etc.).
I couldn't remember when Scott Spiezio played for them.:eek: What about #62? I know he was playing with St. Louis in that time frame.:cool:

I hope pujols nor jeter show up on the list.when I stopped collecting baseball because of the negativity surrounding baseball they were the 2 players I kept so keeping my fingers crossed.

I think if Jeter & Griffey were on that list,that's the 2 names alot of people would be shocked at.

Pujols not so much, it's safe to assume until proven otherwise that every power hitter has used at one point or another

Back