Hockey Habs "corner"

ty4orce said:
well if it was not for him the past couple of games the habs would still be in slow mode all they needed recently was an ice breaker and he done the job there as for how long he can keep it up....who knows but just watching him play I know he will give his all............he has also been playing very well for the bulldogs in 20 games before he was called up he had 14 goals and 11 assists for 25 points so statistically he done quite well and for the habs in 5 games he has 4 goals and 1 assist so to me things look pretty good wouldn't you think..........and I also agree with Carbo if you are not going to give it your all then have a seat and I will bring someone up who will.......and you can believe this he has many and I mean many he can bring up that can do the job and gain a spot on the team........this is a huge wake up call for all the players that are slacking either pick it up or have a seat

With all due respect if we're willing to fill the team with Bulldogs we are not trying to win the Cup. Matt D'Agostini might be doing well now but he was in Hamilton for like 3 years there's no reason he shouldn't be producing. Besides every rookie trying to get a spot on the team plays hard, Latendresse, S.Kostitsyn, Lapierre they all did... nothing spectacular. Like I said before the real test will come around in April for Matt D'Agostini because I assume he'll still be with the team.

You make it seem as if we have Hamilton loaded with players but I don't buy it for a second. Yeah sure we have great prospects but NONE of them are NHL ready aside from Dags & Denis.

Also another thing.. he's been playing with the two best forwards on the team since he came up which is highly in his favor. None of our rookies last year got that chance. Dags has been playing with Koivu & AK46 who has just been en fuego for a while now.

Panic time because Saku Koivu is out with an injury, to what extent no one knows yet.

Horrid officiating in the Bolts/Habs game tonight, just brutal.

Panic time because Saku Koivu is out with an injury, to what extent no one knows yet.

Horrid officiating in the Bolts/Habs game tonight, just brutal.

I know our players are not all NHL ready but if they continue not to play well you can believe that Carbo will make them sit and bring up some players.......Max Pacioretty had a great training camp and would do well I think it goes a little like this which I am sure you know when a young player comes up he will try anything and give his all to stay up in the bigs and some players do really well ........we are obviously not doing that well and the coaches job is to shake things up a little when the team is not performing and if it takes bringing up some kids to smarten them up so be it..As for Matt D'Agostini I like his style of play like I said earlier he isn't afraid to go in the corners and he puts himself in those open areas around the net if you were to really watch him play you would see that......a lot of the other habs yes go to the net but they park themselves there most of the time being tied up by one or two players........where Dags get himself in the open creating scoring chances........he is always moving......

another thing ........why D'Agostini is playing with the big line is because he has shown he could put the puck in the "net".........when playing with them.....a lot of other player can't seem to put the puck in the net when playing with them....

ty4orce said:
I know our players are not all NHL ready but if they continue not to play well you can believe that Carbo will make them sit and bring up some players.......Max Pacioretty had a great training camp and would do well I think it goes a little like this which I am sure you know when a young player comes up he will try anything and give his all to stay up in the bigs and some players do really well ........we are obviously not doing that well and the coaches job is to shake things up a little when the team is not performing and if it takes bringing up some kids to smarten them up so be it..As for Matt D'Agostini I like his style of play like I said earlier he isn't afraid to go in the corners and he puts himself in those open areas around the net if you were to really watch him play you would see that......a lot of the other habs yes go to the net but they park themselves there most of the time being tied up by one or two players........where Dags get himself in the open creating scoring chances........he is always moving......

Trust me dude I've been watching him like a hawk, my boy S.Kos was out so I had no choice. Everything you mentioned about Dags - Sergei did last year. It's exactly like you've said, they want to stay up so they will do anything and everything to prove themselves. But as I said earlier, it doesn't really matter what he does game-to-game because 99% of them go through growing pains at some point, and that can't happen in the Playoffs. <Assuming he's even with us at that time because he's only up now due to injuries> I need him to step up when a game is on the line, make something big happen when it really matters whether it be GWG, an overtime goal or whatever. Thus far he has not done that, he's basically only scored marginal goals except for that break the other night where he caught the defenders flat-footed.

I mean don't get me wrong because I think he's doing well for himself and we need it to get going lately but he hasn't really impressed me all that much. He's basically been a grinder with great hands and that's it. He doesn't have the fancy passes, he's not a sniper and he cant't really dangle either. I've seen him pull out some moves before but that was against garbage in Hamilton.

ty4orce said:
another thing ........why D'Agostini is playing with the big line is because he has shown he could put the puck in the "net".........when playing with them.....a lot of other player can't seem to put the puck in the net when playing with them....

I think you read into that 1st line business too much, Carbonneau has already stated why he was put on the first line and that is because "Andrei Kostitsyn was playing well and Koivu is a great leader".

But what you say is true, for now. He has found ways to put the puck in the net which we've had trouble with as of late. Hell if he can find a way to do it on a consistent basis then he'll have a spot on the roster, no doubt and I wouldn't mind it.

Well at least they played a good game for a change hopefully they will be back on track .....now with Komisarek back .......oh and lets see.... D'Agostini another goal.....to me he plays well enough to stay on the team and his numbers are not bad as well as his play he does the little things that some of the other habs are failing to do like get in the open.....he had several good chances against phili and made one count....lets hope he can keep it up...I think in my opinion just in the way he plays that he will and it won't matter which line he is on....

ty4orce said:
Well at least they played a good game for a change hopefully they will be back on track .....now with Komisarek back .......oh and lets see.... D'Agostini another goal.....to me he plays well enough to stay on the team and his numbers are not bad as well as his play he does the little things that some of the other habs are failing to do like get in the open.....he had several good chances against phili and made one count....lets hope he can keep it up...I think in my opinion just in the way he plays that he will and it won't matter which line he is on....

Yeah well we haven't really had much of a problem with the "good" teams, so to speak. It's always the bottom-feeders, Florida, Tampa, Colombus etc.

We managed to beat all these teams by a good margin. - Philadelphia, Detroit, New York, Calgary etc.

As far as D'Agostini, I'm starting to warm up to him. I like him around but if everyone continues to start coming out of the slump he will be going back to Hamilton most likely. Just not enough roster space, or we waive someone like Begin. But he's also been contributing, so what do we do?

Back