Football Heisman Winner

Who?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Smith will win, not that he isn't deserving. The person that "should" win, and all the names mentioned above are deserving as well, but the real winner should be Colt Brennan from Hawaii.

Also if you guys didnt notice I f-ed up its Darren Mcfadden not Derrick . And for Garret Wolfe and Colt Brennan for heisman .... No . Invite them yes but they shouldnt win. Garret Wolfe put up those yds against mid-major talent = not impresive . Colt Brennan 50+ tds sure its nice but Hawai practicly throws every down and also plays really terrible teams. And mentioning Zac Taylor ..I just laugh over and over . Im suprised some didnt mention Ian Johnson ...lol.
I really thought Steve Slaton would atleast get invited to the presentation . Anyways will Troy Smith .

I think that Troy Smith will win, but he doesnt deserve to. A name no one has brought up that I will (since I am a Rutgers fan) is Ray Rice he brought our team out of no where from the Big East. Not a heisman winner but he should at least be there and be a finalist.

jasonbay said:
Also if you guys didnt notice I f-ed up its Darren Mcfadden not Derrick . And for Garret Wolfe and Colt Brennan for heisman .... No . Invite them yes but they shouldnt win. Garret Wolfe put up those yds against mid-major talent = not impresive . Colt Brennan 50+ tds sure its nice but Hawai practicly throws every down and also plays really terrible teams. And mentioning Zac Taylor ..I just laugh over and over . Im suprised some didnt mention Ian Johnson ...lol.
I really thought Steve Slaton would atleast get invited to the presentation . Anyways will Troy Smith .
Colt Brennan, hasnt played in the 4th quarter for 6 games this year. What do u have to say about that? And did u see Garret Wolfe's performance against Ohio State? What about Dwayne Jarret?

TribeBuckeyeFan said:
I didn't know who Rice was till you brought him up. He had some nice numbers this season.
How often do you follow college football then . Because his name has been out there all season.

sportydude said:
Colt Brennan, hasnt played in the 4th quarter for 6 games this year. What do u have to say about that? And did u see Garret Wolfe's performance against Ohio State? What about Dwayne Jarret?
Because they bad teams and get up early = heisman material ...interesting . Did you see his performance's against teams like Western Michigan , Temple , Toledo where he went 25 ,45 ,54 and also went 66 against Iowa . Its clear you guys got man-love for these 2 and whatever I say will be wrong in your eyes so I give up with this discussion . Also Dwayne Jarret is real good but history has shown Heisman trophy is pretty much given to a QB or RB , Wrs winning it have been few and far between , im sure you could find candidates in other yrs. Only WR winning Heisman include , Desmond Howard 1991 and his returns had alot to do with that , 1987 Tim Brown , ...Heisman.com - Heisman Trophy is a pretty cool site also should look at it sometime .

I follow it every week. Come on, honestly, it's Rutgers. Great season and all, but how many fans know who this guy is? I'm sure there are players every year that you, me, and a million other fans have no idea who they are.

jasonbay said:
How often do you follow college football then . Because his name has been out there all season.

acutually i really do think colt brennan should be the heisman winner look how many yards he threw. i dont care what teams he played still he threw alot of yards. i agree with randall troy smith got no futuure in the nfl. i think garret wolfe is going to have a great future in the nfl so is colt brennan and definately darren mcfadden.

You think Colt Brennan will have a great future in the NFL ? Does BJ Symons , Kliff Klingsbury , Timmy Chang , Ty Detmer look similar to you ? All had 4 put up great numbers in college and did nothing . You know why because they are nothing more than system QBs . Colt Brennan will be nothing more than a lifetime backup . Also Garret Wolfe will be nothing more than a change of pace Rb and a 3rd down back nothing more, not that bright of a future if ya ask me . And to ramble a little more , Great college stats doesnt mean a automatic success story in the NFL . If this were true ppl like Ron Dayne and Troy Edwards would be HOF's and they are so far off it isnt even funny. Also just to make another point Colt Brennan almost broke David Klingers single season TD record , would give you the yards but I cant find that stat anywhere. Anyways what im pointing out dont be fooled by a great college career but it doesnt mean anything in the pro's .

kutzy said:
There is only one person deserving of this honor. Garrett Wolfe from Northern Illinois. Leads the nation in rushing yards, 5th in total points. He will finish the season with 2000+ Rushing yards and will have over 20 TD's. 3 games with 200+ yards, and 2 others with 196 and 198. As well he had a 353 yard Rushing game AND NOT A SINGLE TURNOVER ALL YEAR!! No fumbles or anything. No love for the small schools or short players. Dudes a whole 5'7" 177 lbs. Guess running for over 6.5 yeards a carry means nothing.

You like that 10 - 7 first half . If he ever makes a team in the pro's he'll be seeing alot these games . Only thing he'll be good for in the Pro's is returns .

Back