Help me acquire a Babe Ruth cut auto; Finders fee paid!

rob167

Bench Warmer
I am looking for a pack-pulled Babe Ruth cut autograph. I prefer the cut to be signed "G.H. Ruth" as opposed to "Babe Ruth", but I will consider any if the opportunity presents itself.

With the current economy being down, the market for Ruth cuts is anywhere between $4,000-$8,000 depending on the brand, numbering, the number of cuts on the card, and if the card includes a game-used swatch.

I currently have $3,000 cash to offer, as well as other high-end cards for the owner of the card to choose from. My plan was to continue stashing money away until I had secured enough to purchase a Ruth cut outright, but I have to admit, it is hard NOT to buy other nice items that I see on a daily basis.

Here is a list of cards that I will offer (along with $3k cash) for the owner of a Ruth cut to choose from (scans can be found on my personal collection page):

Herbert Hoover 2008 UD Signs of History Cut Autograph 27/34
Mystery Cut 2009 SP Legendary Cuts Cut Redemption
Jackie Robinson 2009 Topps American Heritage Cut Autograph 1/1
Ryne Sandberg 2004 Sweet Spot Autograph 1/1
Ted Williams 2004 Prime Cuts Cut Autograph/2-Jersey 1/1
Robin Yount 2008 Prime Cuts Autograph/3-Patch/Tag 1/3

Depending on the Ruth cut (how well I like it), I may even offer up some of my "Vault" items, but I will have to be in love with the Ruth. :oops:

For the member who hooks with me up with a nice Ruth, and I am able to acquire it, I will make it worth his/her time (either monetarily or with product)

dont have a ruth (if i did i dont think i would part with it)

but i wish you the best of luck with your quest

I'm going to a card show today, it's a pretty big show and they are sure to have some. I'll write the name & numbers down for you. :)

ac-n-mike-there are currently over 200 babe ruth cut auto's there, with some being signed "G.H. Ruth". there was one at the last chicago show and the seller was firm on $8,000 cash. i tried to buy/trade for it, but he wouldn't give me what i needed on my gehrig cut. he was one of those sellers who uses ebay for their advantage only, and then says he doesn't care what things sell for on ebay, even after quoting what my gehrig sold for. (he bought his ruth on ebay for just over $4,000.)

BHELSER1981-seems like there have been ruth's on ebay forever (i have been tracking all cut auto sales for over two years), but now that i am hot and heavy after one, there aren't any on. :(

rob167 said:
208963-thanks for the well-wishes!

iLikePie-that would be great! i look forward to hearing from you.
Surprisingly there wasn't ONE Babe Ruth or G.H. Ruth cut there! :eek:

I did see alot of checks/cuts though. Wish they were cards so I can help ya out. :(

I'll look out for ya. :D :D

Back