How much have you spent on sports cards?

bauss

Bench Warmer
I don't buy cards very often, so I probably spent less than $100 on sports card since I started collecting. Most of my card collecting was done at a younger age.

What about you? How much have you spent collecting sports cards?

I don't really keep track of what I spend exactly. I can say that I spend more than I want to admit and less than I'd really like to spend. ;)

Same here. in a good year about 200.00 a moth. This year I only spent 300.00 mostly for personal reasons but hope to pick that back up as soon as I can get a few things sorted out so I don't travel so much on my days off

I actually have been collecting for about 10 years now and I have some of the coolest and expensive cards out there but all together for my 10 years of collecting I have only spent about $400. How I am able to do this is by going to auctions where people don't really know the value of the cards or by checking out local yard sales and flea markets.

I actually have been collecting for about 10 years now and I have some of the coolest and expensive cards out there but all together for my 10 years of collecting I have only spent about $400. How I am able to do this is by going to auctions where people don't really know the value of the cards or by checking out local yard sales and flea markets.

I also look for cards at yard sales and flea markets. There's no guarantee of finding anything, but I've gotten some cool cards for cheap that way. I've been collecting for 3 years and try to limit my spending to about $150 a year. I probably spend more on binders/displays actually!

Well how much you spend also depends on how you collect. When I was younger and just collecting I would spend about $200 a month on cards. Now that I also sell cards I sometimes spend upwards of $1000 a month.

I'm still probably under $200 total. Still in the learning phase, the making mistakes phase. Buying for too much, selling for too little.

It's all about your passion for them, and your income. When I worked in a retail store, I usually had a limit of about $30 every two weeks, but of course I spent more some weeks, and nothing a lot of the time, depending on that paycheck and bills, what was available at the time, and such.

I built a huge collection in the late 70's and early 80's through trading. The rookie craze was just starting then and I accumulated a lot of rookies from the current sets at the time. After a few years the values skyrocketed and I traded a lot of them for rarer 50's and 60's cards. Not to mention I paid my way through college through buying and selling rookies as well. Ahhh...those were the days. : )

Back