Basketball I Am A Witness!

if they got that team, no one would beat them.

First off, Cleveland doesn't have the cash flow to sign a big time PG.

Second, Drew Gooden is a very good starting PF. He is top 20 in the NBA. With a team that has LEBRON on it, all you need is a scrappy rebounder, not someone who needs to create his own shots.

I think if cleveland can focus on getting an TRUE PG, and getting Shannon Brown going as a threat off of the bench, they will be hard to beat.

They don't need to focus on getting another PF. They need somone other then Lebron protecting the ball, and another slasher/scorer. Larry Hughes isn't cutting it.

mvpsportscards said:
LMAO! Maybe the Indians, wait no... How about the Brown, no not them... Uhh, maybe the... Well, you can always hope for a hockey team...

LMAO!

A true Cleveland fan always expects the inevitable choke in the big games.......it's what keeps us going :p.........btw, we used to have a hockey team way back when, the old Cleveland Barons..........

BSC said:
Just another Detroit fan coming down on the Cavs for taking his boys out in the playoffs............:p
As a lifelong Cleveland fan, I have to say that I'm pretty disapointed in the Cavs performance throughout the finals, I didn't think they'd win the series, but I thought they'd at least show up and win at least 1 game.........so goes the way of sports championships in Cleveland........always a day late and a dollar short:(

I'm still trying to get over how your Buckeyes scored 0 ZERO! ZERO!! Points in the 2nd half of the National Championship game.

Makes me sick.

Ground Support said:
I'm still trying to get over how your Buckeyes scored 0 ZERO! ZERO!! Points in the 2nd half of the National Championship game.

Makes me sick.

Like I said.....the big choke is always just on the horizon.........doesn't matter if it's Pro, College, or Little League..............:rolleyes:

mvpsportscards said:
NOT A CHANCE! They are totally incomplete. Z is good, and is probably one of the top 5 centers in the NBA. He is not the problem. Gooden and Varajo are nice players, but bench players. Try this starting lineup...

Center- Z
PF- Jermaine O'Neal
SF- LeBron
SG- Hughes
PG- Bibby or Billups or Arenas

BENCH:

Gooden
Varajo
Gibson
Etc...

And how are they going to get O'Neal without giving up Gibson, Gooden, etc? That team's salary would never work, they are already over the cap by 9 million. That's adding on a little over 30 million worth of salary with Bibby/Billups/Arenas and O'Neal, LOL.

Your entire cap would be LeBron/PG/O'Neal, not to mention Hughes (12 mil per), Ilgauskas (10 mil per), Gooden (6 mil per), Snow (7 mil per), Marshall (6 mil per).

sportsguyryan said:
And how are they going to get O'Neal without giving up Gibson, Gooden, etc? That team's salary would never work, they are already over the cap by 9 million. That's adding on a little over 30 million worth of salary with Bibby/Billups/Arenas and O'Neal, LOL.

Your entire cap would be LeBron/PG/O'Neal, not to mention Hughes (12 mil per), Ilgauskas (10 mil per), Gooden (6 mil per), Snow (7 mil per), Marshall (6 mil per).

Well said!

They need to dump hughes, put that 12 mil into a decent PG, and get Shannon Brown going!

You guys are talking about Gooden like he is something special. Snow is for salary, and Gibson is for young talent. Throw in Pavlovic if you have to. Just get some help for LeBron!

He isn't great, but he does the job.

He is better then Haslem.

You don't get what im saying, Lebron has the front court, he just some help off the bench and in the back court.

Lebron Doesn't need Jermaine O'neal to have a good team. He had virtually no help in the backcourt until game 3 and 4 of the ECF. He made it that far with Z and Gooden. If Lebron lands a young athletic PG that can hold his own on the Defensive end.. Watch out.

Back