I Can't Recall; Are We Mad at Mark McGwire or did that Pass?

Not really mad because after the Lance Armstrong incident, I can't really tell who is a great athlete and who is not. Hell, I won't even be surprised if Micheal Phelps was tested not positive.

The world is filled with greedy people and people who want to win. Live with it.

I am mad at him. I too believe that what he did was flat out cheating. I don't care how much pressure it is. Someone with integrity will be strong and turn away from cheating. The fact that he is a batting coach is stupid. He has a great job, doing something he loves and making a ton of money. I do not feel that taking him out of the game was a good enough punishment. I feel that he should have been taking out of the sport sot hat he can not influence other athletes to follow his bad example.

I saw an interesting article on ESPN.com recently about these managers that coached the "cheaters" getting inducted into the Hall of Fame. I never really thought about it that way, but it makes sense. If Mark McGwire can't get inducted because he cheated, then why should his manager?

I know it's not the manager's fault that he was cheating, but the reality is that he was coaching that was so some of the wins should be tainted. Don't get me wrong, I think the coaches that got inducted deserve it completely, but it was an interesting article and really got me thinking about it. Does anyone else have an opinion?

I'm personally not mad at Mark McGwire anymore. I was pretty disappointed at first when I found out he was using steroids but that's just because he was Mark McGwire. He was still a star before the steroid use and he'll always be one of the big names in baseball either way. I just wish he and other stars wouldn't cheat in the first place and ruin their name and fame that they had in the first place.

Back