Johnny Manziel

JoshSmith100

Bench Warmer
As alot of you guys probably know Johnny Football has been in the news alot recently for partying and other disruptive things. Do you guys think Johnny Football is going to have a bad year this upcoming year?Or do you think he can handle himself and will perform just as good as last year?

With the way he's been behaving, I kind of hope he is a one year wonder. The kid is a first class douche. You have to remember A&M is losing their top offensive linemen from last year, so protection won't be what it was for Manziel. SEC coaches and players on the defenses are also getting a full year of game film on the kid. He's not coming out of nowhere like last year. I'm not sure if Manziel has been putting in the same amount of work as the other players who are hungry to get him. Every time I read about him it's not football related.

I think Manziel has a "serious drinking problem". He's 20, he's in college, he won the Heisman. He needs to take time to get his mind right. This involves counseling! I believe that in the next year things will get worse for him if he does not address his problems this year.

Make all the excuses you want (i.e., he's a college kid and college kids party)... but the law says you MUST be 21 to drink. At 20 he has violated the state law... let's see the NCAA step in and slap this kids behind and give him a time-out for a couple games. Maybe the Heisman Committee should think about taking away the Heisman? (this would be a harsh reaction, but maybe just "thinking about it" would put a good scare into this kid).

Well, Mr. Manziel is back in the news again. This time for profiting from autograph sales. While I have my own feelings about players being paid and able to sell their brand, the rules are the rules right now. He put his team jeopardy and has tainted his reputation even more so. We have to remember the kid almost was kicked off the team 2 years ago after being arrested. There are huge red flags here and if he's deemed ineligible and enters the draft, I don't see how a NFL team could spend a high draft pick on him. I think he'd have to switch positions in the NFL to WR ala Denard Robinson.

I agree with you on the players being paid for their autographs.. why not allow it... but for now, like you said, it's against the rules.

... and the rumor is SIX (6) figures? Over $100K? This is a college "kid" who may never even make it into the pros.

Once again Johnny Football flaunts his stuff in front of the fans, his team, and the NCAA. Who does he think he is? A-Rod? (that was a very sarcastic comment for those that didn't get it!)

I'm still mad about AJ Green being suspended a couple years ago. If AJ Green, Dez Bryant and the Ohio St players were such a big debacle, Manziel deserves the same treatment. That is IF they find the paper trail. I do feel athletes should get some sort compensation but right now that is not part of the rules.

I heard tonight that the NCAA is going to suspend Johnny Football for the first half of this weekends game? you have to be joking...

I heard the NCAA took the Penn State fine money and split it equally on the UNDER and RICE to cover the spread MINUTES before the suspension.

Manziel is a punk. If you watched the game Saturday and saw his antics, he's nothing but an immature wannabe thug. I truly hope he has a terrible season once he enters SEC play.

Manziel is a punk. If you watched the game Saturday and saw his antics, he's nothing but an immature wannabe thug.

Well said! I truly hope the NCAA and Texas A&M review his antics and decide it's time for him to sit for a while... and I don't mean sit on the bench... I mean stay at home and sit.

The constant acting like he was signing autographs was a slap in the face to both the NCAA and Texas A&M.

I don't like the kid at all. He's a silver spoon brat for one. If he didn't have that gigantic receiver then his numbers wouldn't be near what they are. That receiver tore alabama up even though they lost the game. I don't anticipate him being that successful of an NFL quarterback. He could be another Doug Flutie type of quarterback. That's his best case scenario in the pros.

Back