Basketball Jordan is KING, but who is #2 best player of all time?

Ground Support

Bench Warmer
I'm thinking KOBE..

Wilt, and Russell are well in the discussion, but could they be as dominate in today's game? I don't think so.

Hell Kwame Brown would be a HOFer if he played in the 60's.

well since Jordan is number 1 then michael will be number 2 and jeffery will be number 3 so kobe can be ten or 11 since i am not going through all of Jordans nicknames and all.

.......... IF I had to pick 1 person to play on a team, that wasnt Jordan

I know most would pick Kobe or Lebron etc etc, but I would go with Magic Johnson or Hakeem Olojuwon.... both of those guys could play pretty much any position on the court

the things Olajuwon could do at his size was NUTS ....

Magic... not much you can say about him.. he was pretty amazing...

(again not the "popular" choices, but those are who I pick as my top favorites after MJ)

but who IS the best... after MJ... in no particular order I think you have to include THe BIG "O" Oscar Robertson... he as a triple double MACHINE, Kobe, Lebron (as much as it kills me to say that) and a select few others

I agree with you ... I cant have Kareem or Russell or Wilt in the top 3 conversation because I truly think any 7footer back then would have been a great player... not sure KWAME would have though LOL he is awful i any era lol

Id probably pick Kobe. In my opinion Kobe is better than Jordan (My opinion). I personally watched both play, along with Magic, Bird, Isiah, Sir Charles...etc..

Its always hard to pick #2. All the concentration goes on #1, and the rest just doesnt matter lol.

Its hard to pick out of position and time. The older guys had a different game and players. Today the players are different and the game has changed alot.

Old era: Wilt and Russell, Oscar
Past era: MJ, Magic, Bird
Current era: Kobe, Lebron, Nash

Even though I am a big Laker fan, for almost 30 years now, I would have to say Kobe...Jordan with 6 rings, Kobe with 5, it's hard to say for sure, cause I would have to include Russell, Big "o" in there too, but MJ by far is #1....and I just get tired of hearin:) the "next Jordan"...a.ka. Harold Miner (Baby Jordan), LeBron isn't even in the discussion to me...

It's all about rings at the end of the day, so I would say Kobe, but I couldn't dismiss Russell either...Just my opinion..

You guys seem to have it down pat pretty good, but i have to throw Allen Iverson in the mix, he may not be 2nd best but he's had a good record breaking career.

Dr. J would be number 2 even though he don't have the rings that Magic, Kobe, Jordan and Russel have he was one of the best to ever play. He did stuff on the court that seemed impossible and although Jordan numbers were better he just added to what Doc was already doing.

Kobe's top 10...Maybe even top 5, but not top two. How does he make past Kareem, Wilt & Russell? Kobe has 5 rings, but only 2 were won when he was definitively the "man" on the team.

Back