Baseball Matt Holliday to Cardinals in 4-player deal

tigsfan

Bench Warmer
Breaking news just reported by ESPN. I'll edit in an article when I find one.

Oakland Athletics' Matt Holliday is traded to St. Louis Cardinals, sources say - ESPN

ESPN said:
The Athletics and Cardinals have completed a trade that sends outfielder Matt Holliday to St. Louis in exchange for third baseman Brett Wallace, outfielder Shane Peterson and right-handed pitcher Clayton Mortensen, sources confirmed to ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney.

In addition, sources said the Athletics will throw in $1.5 million to the Cardinals.

Brett Wallace was the guy suspected to be going to Oakland last I heard from the rumors. Mortenson just made his MLB, so that is a little crazy. Don't know much about Peterson.

Wallace is easily their best prospect. They gave up alot,so they better win it,especially if Hollidayt does walk after the season

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ESPN.com is reporting that the Cardinals have acquired outfielder Matt Holliday for top prospect Brett Wallace and two other minor leaguers.

24-year-old right-hander Clayton Mortensen and outfielder Shane Peterson, a second-rounder in 2008, are the "other minor leaguers." The A's will throw in $1.5 million to help cover the $6 million remaining on Holliday's current deal, but they're clearly the big winners in this trade. Protection for Albert Pujols is nice, and is important, but at what cost? Wallace boasts a major-league ready bat and the other two appear destined for nice big league careers.
Source: ESPN.com

Back