New to this

danirenea21

Bench Warmer
Hello everyone. I know this may sound a little weird but in all honesty, I know nothing about collecting, well kind of. I am getting used to the whole fact of collecting because my husband has been collecting baseball cards since he was a teenager. He does not sell them and I don't believe he every should. I am starting to like this actually. Any advice for me?

Hey! First off, I would like to say, welcome to the site! I hope you enjoy your stay here!

Now, if you are looking to collect cards, what kind of cards are you looking to collect? Basketball? Baseball? Try to find out WHAT exactly you are looking for and then after, collect them!

Welcome to Sports Card Club!

hmmm... advice for the other half ... I got back into collecting about 12 years ago and remarried three years ago. While she was already a sports fanatic, she loves the teams from Detroit, she got into NASCAR... and next thing I knew she had gathered up one of the largest Kyle Busch card collections around. She also has an extensive collection of Peyton Manning. She goes to Card Shows with me (as a vendor) and loves doing box breaks!

Next time you two are at the store and he stops and looks at the sports card section... why not tell him to pick up a retail box or two of what he likes... and tell him "let's go home and bust these together". But watch out! It is habit forming!

Welcome to SCC!

The first thing I would get is a Beckett baseball price guide, and look up the cards he has already has, then look for the cards he dont, player, team etc and then go from there!
Post your wants in the Baseball trade thread here and I'm sure someone will have something your looking for, and like Randy said bust a box together, great way to get trader's!

Back