Basketball Oden and OR Durant???

hads182

Bench Warmer
Not long before UD and Topps start releasing the good stuff... I'm wondering if you guys are going to go crazy buyng up Oden and or Durant this year?
Will you be holding onto them as investments?
Do you think these guy's are that good?

I'd like to get a few of their nicer cards this season, but I think we could all be paying over inflated prices. Much like some of us did with the Morrison hype... Not saying these guys are at that level I think they could possibly be both very good...

But what do you guys think? Do you think they will have the tenacity and mental toughness to keep up with the lifestyle of the NBA?

Probably a thread similar but I couldn't find it! Thanks for your input people!

durant prices wont drop for awhile, check mcgrady garnetts carters and kobe's if he even looks like he has huge potential this season and shows even in only a few games he has potential he will stay way up thier for awhile
oden, centers dont get as much hobby love so his prices may drop a bit.

lafastbreak said:
durant prices wont drop for awhile, check mcgrady garnetts carters and kobe's if he even looks like he has huge potential this season and shows even in only a few games he has potential he will stay way up thier for awhile
oden, centers dont get as much hobby love so his prices may drop a bit.

I Agree Centers lack interest in some collectors minds so its a Toss up on who to collect and who to keep i guess its gonna have to be a Gut Feeling kinda thing for me i honestly dont have any interest in either of this years rookie crop even tho the hype is up there of the 03-04 crop it will never reach the same pinnacle of that years rookie class.

I think Oden will be the more solid player, however Durant will get more hobby love. Oden will be VERY good ( The best since shaq) and will but up dwight howard like numbers, however Durant is a pure scorer and has that 40 point a night potential.

I agree with what pantehrs4ever just said...ODEN might be the better player BUT Durrant will get more hobby love because he will be flashy!

Sweet. Nice input, thanks. I personally will hold onto Durant's if I bust them. But I'm still going to collect the 05-06 guys. They have taken a beating lately and I think they may rise a bit again.... Especially Paul, probably not our Aussie Bogut though. I'm hoping Deron will take another leap....

ac-n-mike said:
I agree..the 05-06 class will go down as one of the best!

05-06 as one of the Best?

can someone elaborate on that, besides the likes of Deron and CV31 give or take a few others i dont see the 05-06 class as one of the best.

if anything close even would be the 04-05 Class with Gordon, Dwight Howard, and a few others but i dunno this is my opinion.

I like the 04-05 too with guys like Howard, Deng, Gordon, Josh Smith, Biedrins, etc. But I must say I'm partial to the 05-06 class myself because it was the last class high schoolers could have a coming out party with. With everyone having to have a year of college ball, people get to see (speculate) a little more of their games. Plus I don't think that all the 05-06ers have quite come around. We saw what Louis Williams could do in the preseason and I hope that translates in the regular season. But I'm not sure we've even started to see all they can offer.

Back