Pat's & Redskins

You could say they may have but Brady came out with almost 9 minutes left.You could also say that the Redskins D sure didn't play them well either;)

You could say they may have but Brady came out with almost 9 minutes left.You could also say that the Redskins D sure didn't play them well either;)

My opinion - Not taking out Brady until you are up 45-0 is running it up.

The way I understand the running up the score thing is that you give the other team a chance to stop you rather than just tacking up a useless 3 points.
And regardless of the score, I don't think you should ever take your QB out (especially without a viable backup) before midway through the 4th quarter. A whole quarter is plenty of time to make the game competitive.

I HATE the Patriots and Tom Brady, but all this running up the score talk needs to stop. If you don't want them to score, stop them. This isn't Pop Warner or High School.

:ban:

The way I understand the running up the score thing is that you give the other team a chance to stop you rather than just tacking up a useless 3 points.
And regardless of the score, I don't think you should ever take your QB out (especially without a viable backup) before midway through the 4th quarter. A whole quarter is plenty of time to make the game competitive.

:roll:

Yeah, you guys are right, Joe Gibbs is wrong:

"But Joe Gibbs wasn't about to complain that the Patriots were unkind. "I have no problem with anything they did," he said. "Nothing, no problems from me." Having won three Super Bowls, he was well aware of what he was watching."

My opinion is that when teams are up by 38 points in the 4th quarter then they should just run the ball and punt or kick a field goal. If the other team can't stop the running game then score a TD. I just don't like it when teams are in the shotgun throwing deep passes while up 38. that is running up the score. Teams WILL remember this. Gibbs was known for doing this with his great teams so maybe why the Pats did. I just think it is Belichicks ego.

I HATE the Patriots and Tom Brady, but all this running up the score talk needs to stop. If you don't want them to score, stop them. This isn't Pop Warner or High School.
:ban:

Agree this is not either of those but I think it's bad sportmenship to do it. I can't wait until the Pats suck again(probably 10 years from now) and teams run up the score on them. I hope Belichick is still the coach when that happens.

Back