Poets Are Like Baseball Pitchers!

way2go

Bench Warmer
Hey everyone !

I am excited about being on this site. I have supported the local baseball team known as the Arkansas Travelers for three years. The name "Arkansas Travelers" is derived from the famous minstrel known as the Arkansas Traveler, who roamed the Ozark Mountains selling his wares and singing songs. The team was originally known as the Little Rock Travelers, and was renamed for the entire state in 1957 becoming the first professional sports franchise named for a state.

My favorite major league baseball team are the Rays.

Your intro was fun and informative--welcome! I'm a newbie myself with a very narrow collection.
Our local team is the Snappers and I hope to get there at least once this summer! Otherwise, Brewers. Living in Wisconsin, I want to support my home team although baseball is a little slow for my tastes. Love football and basketball!

Glad to see that you have joined this community. So far I have enjoyed it, hopefully you do as well.

Glad to see that you have joined this community. So far I have enjoyed it, hopefully you do as well.

Thanks so much; it will be fun!

Hey everyone !

I am excited about being on this site. I have supported the local baseball team known as the Arkansas Travelers for three years. The name "Arkansas Travelers" is derived from the famous minstrel known as the Arkansas Traveler, who roamed the Ozark Mountains selling his wares and singing songs. The team was originally known as the Little Rock Travelers, and was renamed for the entire state in 1957 becoming the first professional sports franchise named for a state.

My favorite major league baseball team are the Rays.

But how are poets like Baseball Pitchers?

I see now that the minstrel wandered about singing his songs--hence, the poet? he must have been quite a story teller to get a team named after him! Interesting piece of Americana.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back