Coaches under the most pressure to win?

bamasa37sb34

Bench Warmer
Tommy Bowden - so close to getting Clemson over the hump, but always falls short.

Charlie Weiss - currently running ND football into the ground.

Nick Saban - with his contract and the crazy Alabama fan base, he will be under a lot of pressure by both media and fans to revive Alabama's program.

There are plenty coaches who are on much hotter seats than these coaches, but as far as media and fan expectations, I see them as being in pressure packed situations over the next 2-3 years.

If I were a Clemson fan, and they at least don't make the ACCCG this season, I'd get rid of Bowden, because it will be clear at this point that he isn't getting the team to the next level.

Weiss needs to show improvement this year, but I think barring a catastrophe, he's ok.

Saban will get at least this year and next year, but if he goes 0-3 against Auburn, he'll probably be begging to get out of town just to avoid the pressure.

I also have a feeling Joe Pa will be run out of town if they do nothing again.

Joe Pa does not get along very well with the AD. I also think this is his last year. And if he goes, there are a bunch of other people on the coaching staff that need to go as well...

We have not recruited well at the QB, RB, and WR positions in the last few years. And we have the same offensive playbook for years now, other Big Ten teams know exactly what is coming. Defense will win more games this year than the offense will.

My prediction:
8-4 (9-3 at best) season with loses again to Michigan and Ohio State, and a mediocre bowl game win.

Mike Stoops - With 3 bad OOC teams scheduled, and favorable timing for many conference games, 8 wins should be expected out of him and the Wildcats. If not, he should be fired and replaced by someone who can win in conference play.

Back