Football Razorbacks hire new caoch

cardjim

Bench Warmer
The Arkansas Razorbacks announced yesterday that they have finally hired a new head football coach. They hired Bret Bilema, former head coach of the Wisconsin Badgers. This year has been a disaster for the Hogs. Ever since Bobby Petrino was fired for hiring his mistress, the hiring of John Sand a disaster of a 4-8 season after being picked at 9th in the nation. Fellow Razorback fans and I are not quite sure what to think of this move, but are glad the search for a new coach is over. I checked out some comments coming out of Wisconsin sports blogs and notice most Badger fans are glad to see Bilema go.
I just hope the Razorbacks can get back to their exciting type of football. Bilema is more of a strong offensive line and run the ball type of a coach.
You can read the rest of the story here:
http://news.yahoo.com/bret-bielema-leaves-wisconsin-arkansas-005156846--spt.html

What moves are your college teams making these days?

Kinda makes you wonder if the Wisconsin fans are glad to see him go....at least they didn't get Les Miles, though certain people in LSU country would be happy to see him coaching elsewhere after last year's BCS championship game and ending up in the Chic Fil A bowl this year

It isn't one of the names we have been hearing on the radio but i think it is a solid hire. He likes big offensive lines, running the ball and playing defense. Seems to be the 3 things you need to win in the SEC, just look at Alabama.

Dennis

I agree 100%. It is what it takes to rack up wins in the SEC. It is just that the old run and gun is so much more exciting to watch. I hope he finds a way to mix up some passing with the the wear 'em down with the run type of offense. You know where I'm coming from, in Arkansas we got nothing but the Hogs. WPS.

I totally agree. His Wisconsin team did score 70 points against Nebraska this past weekend and he did have Russell Wilson a couple years ago so he can get QB's there.

Dennis

Back