Real Quick Question on Card Protectors

Mealticket

Bench Warmer
Hey, probably a real basic question for this forum; I have been shipping single cards in the Card Saver II semi-rigid protectors. I have several 100-lots of 1991 Upper Deck where I just can't get a single sale but they aren't doing me any good sitting here. I put 10-lots up for sale, no joy. I think I'll try a smaller lot like 3 or 5. I suspect I should buy the Cardboard Gold type like the one shown in this pic; I think I read that you can safely fit like 4 cards in them? There are so many types I'm not sure which one I need. Can anybody tell which specific Cardboard Gold holder this is? Thanks,

MT

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 5
4-5 cards are going to be pretty think, probably like 130-pt or so. I sell a lot on Sportlots and for cards like that I use a Cardsaver 1 type holder. You can get up to 5 of the thinner cards onto one and two of this taped end-to-end work in a business sized envelope. Been shipping like that for a couple years now on low end stuff and haven’t had an issue.

Thanks, AndyDrummond. Are these the ones with the PSA thing at the top? I won't be grading anything. I really love the Card Saver II so this is great news,

MT

Thanks, AndyDrummond. Are these the ones with the PSA thing at the top? I won't be grading anything. I really love the Card Saver II so this is great news,

MT
I can get you a pic of the package when I get back home, but they are the same as the PSA ones, just a different manufacturer. I bought a case of them during a sale a while back.

Went back and checked, and the Card Saver II protectors I bought were pretty inexpensive, so I think rather than invest any more money in a different protector, I'll just put each card in one of those. Until/unless some of these cards start to sell.

MT

All types of Top Loaders: Regular (one card), 120 pts 2 or 3 cards, 130 pts 3 to 4 cards, 180 pts (8 topps cards), 200 pts (thick gu used cards). Plus it depends on how thick or thin the cards are! Hope this helps. Best regards, David

Back