Remember Michael Jordan? Greatest Player of All time?

I had completely forgotten about that debacle. I just read the wikipedia article and it says that he made the switch partially due the to murder of his father?! I think I might live under a rock because I had no idea that his father was killed...

Oh gosh, yes. All for a Lexus! His dad had borrowed Jordan's Lexus. Was travelling, pulled over to nap. The car was jacked, dad murdered--over flipping vehicle. Sad indeed but I am not sure that was the impetus for his move to baseball.
He felt he had accomplished all that he could with basketball, even asked Phil Jackson' opinion, wanted to make it big in Baseball He didn't. Baseball was actually his first love over basketball but he grew so fast, they could not keep up with the short pants! So he went to a sport with short pants:)

I would say list them individually on eBay with the best photos you can with long, detailed descriptions. Collectors are out there and looking, but we can't even begin to make an offer if we don't know exactly what you have.

Thanks for the advice; we'll look into ebay altho I have always stayed away from it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh gosh, yes. All for a Lexus! His dad had borrowed Jordan's Lexus. Was travelling, pulled over to nap. The car was jacked, dad murdered--over flipping vehicle. Sad indeed but I am not sure that was the impetus for his move to baseball.
He felt he had accomplished all that he could with basketball, even asked Phil Jackson' opinion, wanted to make it big in Baseball He didn't. Baseball was actually his first love over basketball but he grew so fast, they could not keep up with the short pants! So he went to a sport with short pants:)
Wow that's pretty tragic. It makes you think whether this type of adversity is what makes the difference between a great athlete, or just another washout that ends up in the gutter.

Back