Returning to Card Collecting and Wanting to Invest in other traders - any advice?

WeBackInTheGame

Bench Warmer
I used to collect cards when I was a kid. I haven't collected in 20 years. I'm interested in buying/selling again, but am not up to date on the industry and don't have a ton of time to become an expert, I just want to participate/get the thrill of doing it. I was considering finding someone young, hungry and knowledgeable in the industry and helping them to buy a ton of cards/collections and seeing what they could do with it at shows/online, etc... That way I get to participate, but have someone who's up to date on everything helping make the deals.

Thoughts on the best way to go about this, or some way I could start buying cards again without having done it in forever/not wanting to become an expert myself?

I used to collect cards when I was a kid. I haven't collected in 20 years. I'm interested in buying/selling again, but am not up to date on the industry and don't have a ton of time to become an expert, I just want to participate/get the thrill of doing it. I was considering finding someone young, hungry and knowledgeable in the industry and helping them to buy a ton of cards/collections and seeing what they could do with it at shows/online, etc... That way I get to participate, but have someone who's up to date on everything helping make the deals.

Thoughts on the best way to go about this, or some way I could start buying cards again without having done it in forever/not wanting to become an expert myself?
Well, depending on what teams you have, there are some really nice breaks going on here
and at thebenchtrading.com I have had really good success and got a relic and a redemtion
autograph so far, the prices normally range between 5-15$ including shipping for all the cards
for one team etc. You can also trade, this and the bench is a really good place and very secure,
my tradelist is in my signature if you are interested!

Best regards and happy holidays!

-Eli

breaking definition:
Breaking refers to the practice of opening multiple boxes or cases of a product at the same time, and then distributing the cards to a larger group of paying customers. Breakers sell ‘slots’ to their breaks, and customers receive a defined portion of the opened product. In some cases, the customers will pay for a specific team, which entitles them to any card belonging to a player from that team; in other cases, the customer is simply given a randomized allotment.

These are the top rookies that you should invest in:

Alec Bohm, Adley Rutschman, Julio Rodruigez, Riley Greene, Gunnar Henderson,
Corbin Carroll.

Back