Baseball Sammy Sosa Hits #600!!

yeah but for some reason the dumb@$$es at espn always put him in the mix with McGwire and Bonds wich i think is totaly unfair and to some is like taking away the signaficanes of this

He juiced and used corked bats. There's no denying that.

Regardless, I think he was good entertainment. And I liked watching him play.

RyanZimmerman11 said:
He juiced and used corked bats. There's no denying that.

Regardless, I think he was good entertainment. And I liked watching him play.

No actual evidence to using steroids. Only evidence that he used cork bats one time. He hit 600 HRs, he deserves it.

If you say that he juiced and such, so are almost all of these players.

I think he is good entertainment as well. I have always loved watching him play.

Juiced - no. Corked bats - yes, but only for as long until he relized he was doing it.
Congrats to Sammy!

#11 Roy Williams said:
No actual evidence to using steroids. Only evidence that he used cork bats one time. He hit 600 HRs, he deserves it.

If you say that he juiced and such, so are almost all of these players.

I think he is good entertainment as well. I have always loved watching him play.

"If you say that he juiced and such, so are almost all of these players."

Blah, blah, blah

Everyones beloved Bonds, Sosa, McGwire all juiced. Whether you want to simply say it's my "opinion" that's fine...I will go to my grave knowing they juiced. And I will teach my children that they cheated at the game of baseball.

I could care less about people that yell up and down that there's no solid proof. There's no SOLID proof that Jesus existed, let alone was the son of God....but most of us believe that. (The Bible is NOT proof, it's man written perspective...don't get me wrong, I am a Christian and a believer.)

It's called belief.....

And I for one believe that most of the prolific HR's hitters of the 90's (I could care less about the 80's and before) were/are doing steroids. Sure there's a ton of names not mentioned..but if they weren't setting records or front page news...who cares. Plain and simple.

I dont' care about Juan Gone, Albert Belle, Brady Anderson..all steroids...all meaningless. Not to mention the non HR's hitter....nobay cares if a guy like Steve Sax was doing steroids.

Sosa, Bonds, Mac, Palmeiro were setting records and therefore their stats need to be scrutinized.

The only 2 to atleast admit to using steroids have been Canseco and Giambi. But again, no records = nobody cares.

Anyone with an ounce of common sense, who believes Giambi and Canseco are truthful about their own steroid use, cannot sit there and say "Ok, they did..but Sosa, Mac and Bonds didn't" lol That's comical at best.

Zane B. said:
Juiced - no. Corked bats - yes, but only for as long until he relized he was doing it.Congrats to Sammy!

lol You meant to say only until he was caught on national tv.

Or are we still buying his excuse of "Oops, I grabbed the wrong bat. The corked ones are only for BP to give the fans a good show".

Yes, he said that. Look it up if you've forgotten.

:rolleyes:

I believe that McGwire and Bonds did it, because there have been some sort of things happen to them. But, nothing has happened to Sosa. I don't think he was mentioned in Canseco's book, and he didn't break down in court when they asked if you took steroids like McGwire.

Back