Seahawks sign Edgerrin James(?)

I thought he was cut because he was due a large amount of money this year, and he was pleading with the Cardinals to release him. There was a reason why they held onto James until after the draft. A top RB prospect fell to them, and it left James expendable. If there was no one available at #31, James probably would still be on the Cardinals.

edge was made about his role in the offense last season and asked to be cut. This was going on before the playoffs and was even talked about durring the SB. The Cardinals told him if they could find another HB they would release him but if not then he would have to honor his contract. As for the amount of money he was owed this year I think that had little to do with it since the Cards was in the top 3 teams for most salary cap space.

edge was made about his role in the offense last season and asked to be cut. This was going on before the playoffs and was even talked about durring the SB. The Cardinals told him if they could find another HB they would release him but if not then he would have to honor his contract. As for the amount of money he was owed this year I think that had little to do with it since the Cards was in the top 3 teams for most salary cap space.

Money is always a factor. He was due 5 million this year, while they signed Wells to 9 million over 5 years. If it wasnt a factor, ESPN and online sports columns would not even mention how much the Cardinals would save by releasing him.

Money is always a factor. He was due 5 million this year, while they signed Wells to 9 million over 5 years. If it wasnt a factor, ESPN and online sports columns would not even mention how much the Cardinals would save by releasing him.

He was demanding a trade or release way before the season ended. Money was not as much of a factor in this case. This had more to do with Edge having a chip on his shoulder and the Cards playing a unknown rookie hb over him. As for ESPN I think of them as more of a sports Wikipedia they are entertaining but not always accurate.

He was demanding a trade or release way before the season ended. Money was not as much of a factor in this case. This had more to do with Edge having a chip on his shoulder and the Cards playing a unknown rookie hb over him. As for ESPN I think of them as more of a sports Wikipedia they are entertaining but not always accurate.

Yes, the majority of it was James getting upset about his lack of playing time, and wanting a trade. But money is ALWAYS a factor. I guarantee the Cards looked into that as well. A runningback on the back end of his career and declining, owed top ten pay. He is still decent, but it was definitely a factor.

Back