Basketball Sheed to the Celtics

HiEnd

Bench Warmer
The Boston Globe is reporting that free agent Rasheed Wallace has committed to sign a contract with the Celtics.

The deal is expected to be two years at the mid-level exception (approximately $5.8 million), as the Celtics' enthusiastic recruiting paid off in a big way. Rasheed was reportedly impressed by Danny Ainge's promise that his arrival wouldn't prohibit the Celtics from adding more talent to the roster. It remains to be seen whether this affects Boston's stance toward restricted FA Glen Davis. Jul. 5 - 8:22 pm et
Source: Boston Globe

I feel like I want to puke. Im a huge Fan of Rasheed, but hate Boston.

I guess it was them or San Antonio.

I think Boston is now the Team to Beat in the East. So much Defense, so Much Fire Power.

Sheed
Garnett
Ray Allen
Paul Peirce
Rondo

With that signing, the C's have become #1 title favourites yet again imho. There was also talk from Grant Hill that he has a meeting with Doc Rivers to discuss a role with the celtics also...

Celts are the favorite to win the East,and those ready to give another title to Kobe need to hold off on that one

GotGibson? said:
Haha. Suckks for Detroit.

you sir are talking sports out of your butt.

You'd think with all these thread this kid creates, he would have a clue what was happening in the NBA.

Didn't Detroit agree to Deals with Ben Gordon, and Charlie V? Didn't they trade Billups to Denver, for Iverson and his expiring contract so they could have cap space to sign some decent Free Agents when Iverson's and Sheed's Contract Expires at the end of 2009's season?

Don't talk sports for a while, you obviously don't have a CLUE what your talking about.

Detroit had ZERO intentions of resigning Rasheed. Or they would have tried to resign him last summer or during the year.

I think Rasheed will be a good fit in Boston and I know theres alot of ppl out there who hate Kobe and the Lakers but I still think if Odom resigns and the Lakers stay healthy they ll be able to take the Celtics

orangejello727 said:
Sheed in no way makes the Celtics the favorite to win next year. LA has more than enough to take the celts down.

Its gonna come down to 7 especially if Garnett gets back in rare form.

xSquatx said:
Damn. The Celts have good depth.. KG -> Sheed -> Big Baby

Oh, and don't forget my favorite.. Scalabrine.

Hard to see them re-sign big baby and scal, would be good, but i doubt they could sign both now that sheed is on the books.

News on Hill

news from Comcast SportsNet New England

UPDATE: It is also my belief that Grant Hill will sign with Boston after meeting face-to-face with Doc Rivers by the end of the week. Glen Davis could be gone to San Antonio, as they are prepared to offer their mid-level slot, which it is my understanding that Boston will not match. Davis is a restricted free-agent and any offer he receives can be matched by the Celtics within 7 days.

Back