Baseball Steriods Era Atheletes

Do you let Mark McGuire, Barry Bonds and other roids users in the Hall?

• Yea you have to

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Yes you have to with certain conditions

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • No, none of them

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No, but a few should make it

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jobes23

Bench Warmer
The question is would you let people like Barry Bonds and Mark McGuire into the Baseball Hall of Fame?

In my opinion you have to let them in. Did they use performance enhancing drugs sure, but the main question is was it illegal at the time?

Lets debate people.

I always like McGwire so when he made his half-hearted attempt at coming cleaning it was better than nothing. On the other hand I've never liked Bonds. LOL

I also was a Mark McGwire fan...and if he comes back to the Cardinals and is a coach or even like some people thing he might be a bat off the bench...I will still cheer for him...I won't touch the Barry Bonds story but if I am going to let Mark in I guess I need to let good old Barry in.

I voted for "No, but a few should make it" and here's why.

1) First off, anybody who was "caught" once testing was introduced should never be let in. This means you Manny Ramirez and Rafael Palmeiro! If you are that stupid, then the HOF is not for you no matter what numbers you have.

2) Then we will take pity only on those admit their use. If you don't admit you did it, then don't you even think about getting in. I'm talking to you Sammy Sosa, Roger Clemens, and Barry Bonds

3) If you passed those two, like McGwire and A-Rod, voters should base their vote on your career before you claim to have used steroids. Would McGwire and Rodriguez still have HOF like careers before they were using? It sure looks like they would've.

McGwire and Rodriguez are the two HOFers I allow in based on this formula.

I agree with rule (1).However,Arod only confessed after he was caught so for me that's not really admitting anything.My feelings on McGwire was he really didn't have HOF #'s until of course they let Andre Dawson in (sorry).He only came clean for Cardinals job or it would of been a nightmare for everyone.As far as Bonds,nobody took the steroid poster boy bashing role as much or as well as he did.The more BOO's he got the better he was to watch.I will agree he took something,however it's up to the courts to decide if he took them knowingly,and him to live with that....end of story.So the jury is not out on him yet.And reguardless of any player admitting use,all these substances were never banned during that time.You must have the same set of rules for everyone during that Era,not just those who admitted or are guilty,those that kept silent or even clean.We have plenty of great and horrible past's that we read and study in our history books.This should be accepted,learned from and become exatly that ......history.

tigsfan said:
I voted for "No, but a few should make it" and here's why.

1) First off, anybody who was "caught" once testing was introduced should never be let in. This means you Manny Ramirez and Rafael Palmeiro! If you are that stupid, then the HOF is not for you no matter what numbers you have.

2) Then we will take pity only on those admit their use. If you don't admit you did it, then don't you even think about getting in. I'm talking to you Sammy Sosa, Roger Clemens, and Barry Bonds

3) If you passed those two, like McGwire and A-Rod, voters should base their vote on your career before you claim to have used steroids. Would McGwire and Rodriguez still have HOF like careers before they were using? It sure looks like they would've.

McGwire and Rodriguez are the two HOFers I allow in based on this formula.

Back