Baseball Tigers to dominate post season hardware.

Taliasen

From a pack deep in the north country...
Transactions: 2
There is a lot of talk about the Detroit Tigers possibly having two major award winners this year with Miguel Cabrera and Max Scherzer winning the MVP and Cy Young awards. I predict the Tigers will Dominate the off season awards this year however.
MVP-Miguel Cabrera (best hitter in the world, period)
Cy Young-Max Scherzer OR Anibal Sanchez (what is more important wins, ERA or K's)
AL RC of the year - Jose Iglasias (leads all RC in avg. and has amazing def. skills!)
Comeback player of the Year - Victor Martinez (did not play last year at all (on pace for a .300 average and 80 RBI

Oh, and they will all have World Series Rings as well!

Mad Max, at 19 and 1, has had what I would consider a very lucky season. A few times he was pitching a loss... and the Tigers' offense won the game for the relief pitcher, thereby keeping him from getting another loss.

I am a HUGE fan of Mad Max.. does he deserve the Cy Young Award? YES! but it's a coin flip, as far as I'm concerned, on who the MVP is... I would be happy with either Cabrera or Scherzer winning MVP. Nothing against Sanchez, but I don't consider him at the Cy Young-level yet.

Rookie of the year... has to be Iglasias. This guy is all over the left side of the infield making super-human plays.

Comeback Player - no doubt... Martinez.

...and in other Detroit Tigers' news... Dombrowski hasn't came right out and said it, but the writing is on the wall... good bye to Jhonny Peralta.

...and DON'T go jinxing the Tigers' by celebrating the World Series too soon!

...and DON'T go jinxing the Tigers' by celebrating the World Series too soon!
Lol! I'm like that about the Wings!

Not a big Baseball fan, but 1984 was the last time I was in with the Tigers, Morris, Gibson, great time for the D, but been following a little for the past two years, some good players, and like how the Tigers are looking, be nice to take it all the way this year! :)

Last edited:
Tigers have no doubt filled the stat category this year and all the major awards could easily go to that team. Though, this all means nothing in the playoffs. They have all the skills and talent in the world to dominate, but they have to be able to do it under the pressure of the big playoff stage. Can they do it? We will soon find out and I can't wait to watch.

Max definitely deserves consideration for they cy young. I think that it is going to be a close vote because Max had way more run support than any of the other pitchers up for the award. There is no doubt in my mind that Miguel Cabrera deserves the MVP. He is far and away the best player in the game. I have a feeling that Yasiel Puig is going to give him a run for his money for next year's MVP award.

Back