Well Cardinals are imploding already

Please stop using Matt Cassel as an example. He is an exception, not the rule and you know it. Please name one other player that was ever in Cassel's situation.

:pop:

When else have I used him as an example? As for useing him as a example in this conversation it is a valid point. He has had 1 season total and the Pats are fixing to cash in off it. Boldin has had 2 great season and 1 good one so the Cardinals should have no problem finding a trade partner.

QB and WR are two different positions. It is easier to find a good WR than a QB. Their trade values do not match

When else have I used him as an example? As for useing him as a example in this conversation it is a valid point. He has had 1 season total and the Pats are fixing to cash in off it. Boldin has had 2 great season and 1 good one so the Cardinals should have no problem finding a trade partner.
Finding a WR is easier than finding a franchise QB. Nobody is sayign the Cardinals can't find a trading partner. They just wont be getting multiple first rounders. The Pats probably wont be getting that for Cassel either.

Finding a WR is easier than finding a franchise QB. Nobody is sayign the Cardinals can't find a trading partner. They just wont be getting multiple first rounders. The Pats probably wont be getting that for Cassel either.

The Pats awill get that if another team signs him during free agency that is how a Franchise tag works. Now if he is traded while tagged it depends on the teams but it is being reported this years first and next years first is the deal being discussed right now. Now that Larry Johnson wants out though who knows what will happen maybe they send LJ to the Pats for Cassel. That would be dangerous to see the Pats with LJ in the back field.

The Pats awill get that if another team signs him during free agency that is how a Franchise tag works. Now if he is traded while tagged it depends on the teams but it is being reported this years first and next years first is the deal being discussed right now. Now that Larry Johnson wants out though who knows what will happen maybe they send LJ to the Pats for Cassel. That would be dangerous to see the Pats with LJ in the back field.

Taking on LJ's bloated deal would be foolish. Lot of wear on those tires. Other teams have a point of leverage in this Cassell situation, being that if NE is not flexible in their demands, they'll end up with him taking up 14.8 million dollars of their cap. They are currently 20M under before Cassel is added, so they'd have to make Moss, Seymour, and like 3-4 other guys restructure their deals (since they have to pay draft picks). They'd rather avoid that if they could. Expect a deal similar to the Matt Schaub trade between ATL and Houston.

Last edited by a moderator:
As for no one would give up 2 first rounders for him because he is a 1 year wonder. Look at Matt Cassel he played one season since highschool just got franchised tag and may be heading to KC for 2 first round picks.
No one has given up two first-round picks for a player via the franchise tag in quite some time. I believe Joey Galloway to Dallas was the last time (2000).

Cassel could bring back a 2nd-round pick (Detroit, KC, SF), but no way a team gives up a high first-rounder (probably not a mid-to-late-first either) for him.

The Chiefs sure as hell won't be giving up two first-rounders for Cassel.

Few good points made here. Boldin's deal makes him tough to trade, as does Larry Johnson's. The Cassell situation is complex. First off, all the teams that could use him are in way to high of a draft position to even consider signing him off the franchise. And if Cassell signs the offer sheet (he may have already, I don't know) then he controls all trade possibilities. If he doesn't want to play for a Detroit or KC then he just says no to the trade. He can make close to 15 million and possibly not even play and still cash in next year. I highly doubt his value will decrease by playing high paid back up one more time. He'll be in the same situation next off season and still get the money.

Boldin a 1 year wonder? He is solid every year. Caught for over 1k this year and the year before and 800 last season
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6390

As for no one would give up 2 first rounders for him because he is a 1 year wonder. Look at Matt Cassel he played one season since highschool just got franchised tag and may be heading to KC for 2 first round picks. My whole point is there are alot of teams out there that are getting desperate and if they feel they are 1 or 2 good players away from the SB they might trade multiple picks for a great young WR that is known for playing through injury (broken jaw,Cheek).

Cards are a 1 year wonder, not Boldin. I didn't emerge from my rock yesterday :salut:

I wouldn't mind the Bears going after him. I know that we really need O-line and need to start looking into a replacement for Brown. But to be honest we don't have a WR on the Bears that would be a Number 1 receiver anywhere else. If we got a WR like Boldin, it would be fine with me! :)

Actually the implosion started with about 2:35 left in the game when Roethlisberger only had 1 healthy receiver left playing in the game........ just sayin..... :)

Back