What did you all think abut the Rose and Fiesta??

I still say, why don't they do an 8 team playoff and call each game a bowl game? The lower end BCS bowls could be used as the beginning rounds and then use the more prestigeous BCS bowls for the semifinals and title game.

You can also still have all the other bowls just like you always have had, just with other qualifying teams.

2 things:

1. Why wait over a month to start a playoff?

2. Can it be an NCAA playoff with that small of a tournament? People don't talk about it, but in all the other sports, there are automatic bids for every conference. So, D1-a would need a 16 team tournament.

2 things:

1. Why wait over a month to start a playoff?

2. Can it be an NCAA playoff with that small of a tournament? People don't talk about it, but in all the other sports, there are automatic bids for every conference. So, D1-a would need a 16 team tournament.

That's ok. In FCS, they have 20 teams in the playoffs.

That's ok. In FCS, they have 20 teams in the playoffs.

Yeah, I know. However, people only talk about wanting a 4 or 8 team D1-A playoff. I would assume for it to be an NCAA tournament every conference would get an automatic bid so the at large bids would actually be 11 champions and 5 at larges

I would prefer all at large bids, but if you gave automatics, nobody could really complain.

I think it would be the only way to do it, if you wanted to move away from a BCS system. It would have to be an NCAA establishment. Otherwise, it has the same political bs that people complain about already.

I think it would be the only way to do it, if you wanted to move away from a BCS system. It would have to be an NCAA establishment. Otherwise, it has the same political bs that people complain about already.

Whats the Clemson fanbase saying about the game the other night?

Whats the Clemson fanbase saying about the game the other night?

Our DC needs to go.

Lots of mixed feelings. The D has been poor all year. We lost 6 starters from the 2010 defense to the draft. However, our worst position for a while has been LBs, which is the position the DC coaches

People are unsure about why we collapsed. I think the team needs to get stronger mentally, but also get older. That comes with age some. We abandoned the run to early. Going flukey fumble, 3 and out, INT, and fumble is just a clusterfuck way to end the second half.

People are disappointed and/or overreacting right now, but I expect Spring Ball will get people excited again. The Clemson/Auburn game will be a hot ticket, though no one wants to play in Atlanta. Clemson has struggled for a while now there, regardless of opponent

No one said for 80 or so teams to play. I said 4 or 8 would be nice.

No, you agreed to a playoff with the rest of the bowl eligible teams still playing during said playoffs. How many bowl games are there normally? Because a 4 or 8 team playoff would only result in 3 to 7 games. Since there are over 30 bowl games, that means there are over 60 teams. So you may not have said 80, but you agreed to 60. In which case, I said it doesn't make sense.

No, you agreed to a playoff with the rest of the bowl eligible teams still playing during said playoffs. How many bowl games are there normally? Because a 4 or 8 team playoff would only result in 3 to 7 games. Since there are over 30 bowl games, that means there are over 60 teams. So you may not have said 80, but you agreed to 60. In which case, I said it doesn't make sense.

when I said to keep the other bowl games, I was looking at it from a revenue standpoint. The idea was crude, but could work...the other bowls would be kinda like a pro bowl (the concept of it anyway) and would give players and fans one more chance to play/root for their team. Kind of like a consolation bracket?

Are you serious????
Can you not understand when I say I would like a 4 or 8 team playoff!!!
Geeeesh Some people just love being a dick.

Are you serious????
Can you not understand when I say I would like a 4 or 8 team playoff!!!
Geeeesh Some people just love being a dick.

I can understand you would like a 4 or 8 team playoff, but you also said it would make too much sense for the other bowl games to occur while the playoffs occur. In other words, you would like to see 60+ teams playing in the playoffs. I'm not being a dick, I'm just being smarter than you.

Back