Baseball Who are your favorite players?

I'm a Tiger fan so I'll have to start with Cecil Fielder and Miguel Cabrera. Just to make sure you read that right I said Cecil, not Prince! lol I have to add Babe Ruth of course, Ken Griffey Jr., Frank Thomas, Nolan Ryan, Roger Clemens, Barry Bonds, and Jose Canseco. Even before the steroids Bonds and Canseco were two of the best!

Ken Griffey Jr, Alberto Pujols, Mike Trout, Bert Byleven, Rollie Fingers Eddie Murrey, Cal Ripkin , Yu Darvish, Puig, Felix Hernandez, Cal Ripken Jr, Reggie Jackson, Jack Morris, Randy Johnson,

I have been a avid Oakland A's fan since 1986. My favorite player all time would be Mark McGwire. I realize he did get involved into the whole steriod thing. But im pretty sure that Jose Canseco was right when he said about 90% of players are juicing. But if you look at McGwire's stats you will see he was pretty awesome still before he taking anything. He hit 49 home runs his rookie year. He was tall and skinny im pretty sure he was not on anything at that point. He also perfomed very well in college.
There was also some other great players that I held in high regard. Nolan Ryan, Dennis Eckersley, Dave Kingman, Dave Parker, Dave Henderson, Ricky Henderson, Cal Ripken, Robin Yount, Gary Carter, and many more. I am not sure of all the players of today it just dont feel the same without some of those classic players.
Maybe some of Oaklands pitchers that they could not afford to keep. Such as Barry Zito, Tim Hudson, and Mark Mulder. There also were other good players that they could not afford Jason Giambi, Matt Damon, Miguel Tejda and many others.

I grew up an Astros fan in the mid-late 90's so my favorite players are easily the "Killer B's." Craig Biggio and Jeff Bagwell were the players in looked up to and tried to be like when I was in Little League. Not only were they great players, but they were also good people as well.

It's hard to find a combination like that nowadays so I feel bad for kids that can't really look up to anyone without them being involved in some type of scandal. One day I hope Biggio and Bagwell get into the Hall of Fame together so I can tell my kids my story growing up and how good things happen to good people.

Back