Basketball Who is the second best ever?

mvpsportscards

Bench Warmer
I think that 99% of the people here will agree that Michael Jordan still remains the best player to ever play the game. But, I think there can certainly be some discussion as to who the second best player ever is. Please do not tell me Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, or anyone who has been in the league less than 7 or 8 years. Kobe is an acceptable answer, although I do not agree with it. LeBron James is not. I think Dwyane Wade is going to be one of the best ever, but he is not yet. So, who do you think...

Kobe, and he will probably be better than Jordan.

and I dislike both of them.

I don't think people 99% agree that Michael Jordan is the best anymore. He is an icon, he was great. But I think alot of people don't think he was the best. What Michael Jordan brought to the game is media. No one before him captured an audience and used it like he did. No one has since. Right now my second best player of all time is Michael Jordan. Kobe is the best player. (not the best team though). By the end of his career Lebron will have a chance. Other then those three, right now no one else is even in the conversation. That includes Dwayne Wade even though he is good.

I posted it, but I will hold off on giving my answer. I need to do some thinking anyway. I can assure you though, it will not be Kobe. Greatness is about making the players around you better, Jordan was the master of that, Kobe has never done it. Scoring 50 points a game makes you a great scorer, but if that is what we go by, Wilt would be the best ever.

I would not put Malone or Miller in the top 5, although they were great. As for Wade and LeBron, I think both will contend for that #1 spot, but as for now, there is NO WAY you can put them into the top class of players to play the game.

Im not sure who is the 2nd best player of all time
But i know who is the most dominate player of past years
Here is a fun fact: Shaquille O'neal
He may not be the most skilled, but he is definetly the most dominate, in the past 8 years, Shaq has either won the championship or the team that has beaten him has won the championship. This means that the last team to win the Championship, where Shaq did not affect it was. HMMM the 1998 Chicago Bulls and yes Jordan was on that team.

I guess I need to bust out the Mark Acgurre stat again.

He had a better first 3 years in the NBA then both Lebron and Wade.

Where is he now? ??

??

?

???

Hello?! Mark Acgurre ? Are you there?

You can't base greatness off of athletism. Those guys have done squat.
Wade finally won a ring, but doesn't make him the 2nd best of all time.

Here is another fine example. 10 years ago today, someone just like you was calling grant hill the 2nd best of all time.

Helloooooooooo??

I say for someone to be considered top 25 EVEN they need at least a 10 year healthy career of doing what they do best.

Hence the reason why I picked Kobe #2 . 10 years, and he is only 28-29 years old, he has at least 5-7 years left.

Also, Malone 19 year career and scored 25 ppg and 10 rpg,

1500 games of putting up those numbers

but you going to name 2 guys who have 4 years in better then him.

lol

Shaq again has always had great players around him. First Penny (who then was the next Jordan), then Kobe, now Wade. Although Shaq was dominant, he had way way to many holes in his game to be considered. Kind of like Steve Nash. Way to many holes in his game to be considered. If Shaq could hit 80% of his free throws, we could possibly consider him. But that hasn't happened. Kobe and Jordan on the other hand could in no way be coached against in a way that they could control. Heck most coaches would let them slaughter there teams, and just try to control everyone else.

Back