Football Who remembers Hank Stram ?????

Archangel

Bench Warmer
Former head coach of the KC Chiefs. Took the chiefs into Super Bowl I and IV, winning IV. Well he passed away near where I live on July 4, 2005. Well, my wife was in a thrift store nearby today and they have a table and display rack full of his clothes and personal items, with a sign that says "Donated by the family of Hank Stram" Mostly golf shirts and stuff, but some official NFL merchandise. She told me that there is a set of golf clubs there also. We are going to go by there tomorrow or Saturday and take a look at what they have. If anyone would like something that belonged to or was worn by Hank Stram, let me know and I'll see what I can pick up. Some of the golf shirts are still packaged and are from tournaments he played in, but some have been worn. Post here if you'd like for me to look for something for you. I can pick something up and all you would need to pay is actual cost of the item plus shipping charges.

Depends on how much it cost, but I wouldn't mind something signed by him. I'm not really interested in just his old belongings though. Kinda morbid.

The wife says that there wasn't anything she saw that was signed by him, but there were some pullovers and stuff from Tampa Bay and the Seahawks, probably from his broadcasting days

I had the chance to meet Hank Stram at the Hall of Fame Inductions in 2003. He was very frail at the time and one could tell that he would not be with us much longer. I was fortunate to be able to shake his hand, view the Super Bowl IV Ring, and get him to sign my Chiefs Mini Helmet. A truly gracious man and it was great to see him get enshrined.

chuckiechief said:
I had the chance to meet Hank Stram at the Hall of Fame Inductions in 2003. He was very frail at the time and one could tell that he would not be with us much longer. I was fortunate to be able to shake his hand, view the Super Bowl IV Ring, and get him to sign my Chiefs Mini Helmet. A truly gracious man and it was great to see him get enshrined.
Thak you for sharig that experience. I was fortunate enought to pick up one of his Seahawks pullovers and a golf shirt he wore in a tournament....they weren't signed, but at least I know it was his. They now reside in my PC.

Back