2009 NBA Playoffs - THE FINALS Thread

Monster game by Kobe today, great overall game by the Lakers in general. If Bynum didn't get into early foul trouble, he also would've dominated.

Lakers did look good last night. Magic needs to get it's matchups situated, they were all over the place last night. Jameer didn't look like the old Jameer...you can tell he's not ready in my opinion to be playing. He hurt Orlando more than he helped.

Go Lakers!!!!

I hope the Lakers play this way for the rest of the series. One of the biggest problems the lakers have is that they play like a team from California from time to time. Layed back and cruising rather than hussle and sweat. I just hope they dont relax for game 2 and 3 like they have been known to do.

WHY WHY WHY would Orlando put in Jameer Nelson? they have been winning with thier line-up though out the playoffs.. WHY WHY WHY?

It NEVER makes sense to me IF YOU ARE WINNING keep playing the same way with the same guys....

NOT saying it would have mattered last night, but why do teams do that?

ac-n-mike said:
It NEVER makes sense to me IF YOU ARE WINNING keep playing the same way with the same guys....

And didn't Dwight Howard complain about this same exact thing during the Cavs series? lol

bjtheman1 said:
And didn't Dwight Howard complain about this same exact thing during the Cavs series? lol

Dh12 is being a baby during the playoffs. Hes demanding more touches and wanting to change the way the team plays. But dont cry to the media about it. Talk to your coach.

He also has been active on media talking about how he gets no respect and its been all about Lebron and Kobe. Umm, last time I checked this is the first time in his career he has made it past the first round. You need to earn it DH12. Just because youve fluked your way into the finals once doesnt put you on the level of Kobe.

The Magic had no chance with the players they were putting on the floor and have no chance with the new players that they are putting on the floor. When will people learn that the Eastern Conference is straight up WEAK compared to the West, even in a subpar season for the west!

Admin said:
The Magic had no chance with the players they were putting on the floor and have no chance with the new players that they are putting on the floor. When will people learn that the Eastern Conference is straight up WEAK compared to the West, even in a subpar season for the west!

That wasn't the case last season ;) :p

Lakers are pretty clearly the obvious team. With a chance of doing something in overtime the Magic coughed it up and made bad decisions. Lakers in 4?

Back