Football 49 Youngsters Ready To Shine

What young 49er player do you think will have a breakout season?

• A.J. Jenkins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vance McDonald

• Kendall Hunter

• Quinton Patton

• Total voters

SDGecko

Bench Warmer
The days of getting AJ Jenkins and Lemichael James rookie cards on Ebay for 99 cents might be over. Look for these two young players to pick up some slack for the 49ers this year leading to some pressure on the price of their rookie cards, especially relics, autos and chrome issues. Since Crabtree's injury opens the door for Jenkins to get some much needed playing time and the versatility of James has another year to blossom, this upcoming season looks to be big for both of them.

I would count on at least one of them enjoying a breakout season and if you happen to be a fan of the 49ers, you might want to stock up on their rookie cards now. Remember what happened to Colin Kaepernick's rookie cards last year? They skyrocketed as fast as Alex Smith was replaced in the lineup. This same scenario could repeat itself with these two players this season.

Look for a 2012 Bowman Sterling Dual Jersey Auto Card (#/20) with both players or a 2012 Topps Finest Dual Jersey Auto Card (#/10) with both players if you really want to cover both your bases.

James showed a little of his speed last season and was able to separate from the pack Gore will still get most of the work load...still up for debate is if he can take the pounding.....

Jenkins will get his chance with Crabtree down.....

Both of these cards were pack pulled from the same box I can say it was a Niner's box....Rookies and Stars are one of my faves every season.....

Last edited:
I'm betting all my chips on Lemichael James. He's got high awareness, he's got a high football IQ and of course his speed doesn't hurt. I have a feeling it's not going to be an easy run for him but if he works he'll be the one to watch.

I have a feeling James will be stepping it up this season. True, it could go both ways for James as far as we know, but it's obvious that he at least has the potential for a good season. I don't know, I guess I'm speaking mostly off of intuition.

AJ Jenkins was traded and has been absolute garbage. Kid has no hands or WR skills whatsoever. I can't see him doing anything short of stinking up the joint.

I own a LaMichael James rookie card. I think that he will have the best season. So far none of these youngsters has stepped their game up. Has AJ even caught pass with Kansas City since he was traded? I do have a Kaepernick rookie card which I plan on holding onto until he retires. I don't think my James rookie card has any value. If Gore got hurt then James will be able to shine. He certainly has the speed for this level. I just think he needs more opportunities.

Back