Baseball CC and A.J. introduced yesterdays. Lots of pics inside

CC and A.J. introduced at press conference today « Zell’s Pinstripe Blog

check out the photos here:

CC and A.J. introduced at press conference today « Zell’s Pinstripe Blog

CC Sabathia and A.J. Burnett were introduced to the Big Apple today at the press conference at the old Yankee Stadium. It was pretty exciting. CC has taken #52, and Burnett selected #34. CC and A.J. admitted that the money was definitely a factor, but it wasn’t only about the money. The money was part of it, but at the same time both love the fans, excitement surrounding the club, and their #1 goal of winning a World Series. Welcome aboard CC and AJ!

CC shared his thoughts with the Media:

“I think it adds an urgency to get back to where this organization is supposed to be,” Sabathia said. “I wouldn’t say it’s pressure. I would just say that people will play with a sense of urgency in the new stadium, getting back to that. It’s definitely exciting.”

“It was kind of a stressful deal,” Sabathia said. “I was just trying to make sure I made the right decision. Being here now and coming here and seeing the way people are, I definitely made the right choice.”

“I’ve talked to guys like [Derek] Jeter, guys who have been here,” Sabathia said. “I’ll answer questions whether there’s 100 reporters at my locker or five. I’m not afraid of telling you how I feel, whether I pitched good or bad.”

“I think I’ll fit right in,” Burnett said. “I grew up in this game. You don’t point fingers, you take the blame like a man and be accountable.”

..and this is what Burnett had to say:

“This is a dream come true,” Burnett said. “I’m looking forward to it; it’s going to be a fun ride. I want to pitch in the postseason, and I’m here to win. I think both of us are dedicated to winning, or else we wouldn’t be here.”

“We’re all family now,” A.J. Burnett said.

“I wish he would have signed about a month earlier, to be honest with you,” Burnett said.

Back