Basketball Debate.

joshsmith said:
arenas and iverson are no longer pg, they are SG's.

Then you go back to my other point. Magic Johnson wasnt a true point guard. He played different positions through out the year and wasnt always listed as a PG. He was listed as a SG often. Does this make him less of a point guard?

Antonio Daniels and Steve blake are the pg's for washington and denver.

Well Arenas may have started at pg the entire season, but iverson is def the SG in denver.

joshsmith said:
Antonio Daniels and Steve blake are the pg's for washington and denver.

Well Arenas may have started at pg the entire season, but iverson is def the SG in denver.

YOu are right about Denver. Also while he was in Philly they traded him and Hughes at the SG position quite often.

I do agree with andre miller. I dont think you can make someone a top 5 pg from 1 good nba season.

Andre miller has had a heck of a career at pg, but I think he is 5th at best.

Kidd, Billups, Nash, Arenas, and Hinrich

joshsmith said:
I do agree with andre miller. I dont think you can make someone a top 5 pg from 1 good nba season.

Andre miller has had a heck of a career at pg, but I think he is 5th at best.

Kidd, Billups, Nash, Arenas, and Hinrich

I think Paul and Deron has proven themselves as wonderfull point guards. Especially if Deron keeps his work outs goign with John Stockton, I think he will be a consistant All star.

*side note . .. why did I start collecting Luther and not Deron?*

deron turns it over a little much, he averages 2 more assists than miiler, but they both have a turnover/assist ratio of 5.
How bout a new debate- chris paul or deron williams

delfam said:
deron turns it over a little much, he averages 2 more assists than miiler, but they both have a turnover/assist ratio of 5.
How bout a new debate- chris paul or deron williams

Deron easy.

Bigger point guard, can get physical and rebound better. I think he has a better jump shot as well just not as good 3 point shot. Also think he handles the ball better, and like I said before with him working with Stockton he will only get better.

Andre Miller is #5 AT BEST..

#1 - Nash
#2 - Kidd
#3 - Billups
#4 - Arenas (If point guard, I could always replace with someone better than Miller :))
#5 - Deron Williams

Back