Free Agency Signings/Rumors

Giants sign Rocky Bernard.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2009/02/yo-rocky-you-did-it-bernard-jo.html

Who'sYourMama wants to visit with Giants.

Houshmandzadeh to visit Giants?
T.J. Houshmandzadeh, the top receiver on the free agent market, said last week that he told his agent to contact the Giants on his behalf. But did the conversation result in an invitation for a visit?

Maybe. According to a report in the Cincinnati Enquirer, Houshmandzadeh “might” be visiting the Giants. The report says that a visit has not been confirmed.

And I can confirm that I’m unable to confirm it.

Houshmandzadeh, who doesn’t appear to be as in-demand as he expected, visited Seattle yesterday but left without a deal. He’s due in to Minnesota tonight and will stay until tomorrow morning.

If he’s going to visit the Giants it would presumably have to happen tomorrow afternoon because Houshmandzadeh has said several times he expects to have a contract signed by tomorrow night. Based on that alone, I’m skeptical that he will actually be visiting the Giants. But again, I can only confirm that I can’t confirm what is unconfirmed in the Enquirer report.

By the way, that report also said that Houshmandzadeh has an offer on the table from the Bengals, too. That part does appear to be confirmed.

Warner visiting 49ers is a very smart move by Warner and his agent. He knows the Cards not afford him to not only sign somewhere else but to alos have to play against him twice a season would be a death sentence. This should drive the offer up to the 14mil he wanted from the cards. Now if he does sign with the 49ers this will be the final make or break for Leinart I have been waiting for. Of course he will get the shot with Boldin possibly gone and half the d different :(

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-1691/AFC-West-news-and-notes--Cromartie-on-the-block-.html

"The San Diego Union Tribune reports that the Chargers would consider trading cornerback Antonio Cromartie if they bring back Drayton Florence. The word around the league Monday night is that the Chargers would take a third-rounder for Cromartie, who had 10 interceptions in 2007 but whose production and cover ability suffered in 2008.

It makes sense. The team would then likely make Antoine Cason, the first-round pick from 2008, the starter. Even though he had a poor season in 2008, Cromartie would likely get interest around the league in trade talks."

C'mon San Diego, get this move done.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-1691/AFC-West-news-and-notes--Cromartie-on-the-block-.html

"The San Diego Union Tribune reports that the Chargers would consider trading cornerback Antonio Cromartie if they bring back Drayton Florence. The word around the league Monday night is that the Chargers would take a third-rounder for Cromartie, who had 10 interceptions in 2007 but whose production and cover ability suffered in 2008.

It makes sense. The team would then likely make Antoine Cason, the first-round pick from 2008, the starter. Even though he had a poor season in 2008, Cromartie would likely get interest around the league in trade talks."

C'mon San Diego, get this move done.

SD is retarded if they move Cromartie.....I hope the Raiders jump on this one......Cason and Cromartie would be a dangerous secondary together.....Jammer is old and gets beat more often then not....but Drayton Florence over Cromartie:doh:

Drayton Florence 36 tackles and NO INT's 3 PD's

Antonio Cromartie 64 tackles and 2 INT's 9 PD's

You think maybe teams were more likely to throw towards Jammer last season because of the season Cromartie had the year before? I do! A.J.

Smith is an idiot!!!:ban:

In other news No one has told the Cardinals that FA has started and they seem to be confused where there roster has went :(

Back