Getting IP Autos

Status
Not open for further replies.

tikitomoka

Bench Warmer
I created this thread just to help people out getting IP autos, feel free to add things

Silver Markers:
DO NOT use silver sharpies, they look terrible on cards and dont look very good on memorabilia either, use Deco Color paint pens. i get everything i need, in silver, signed in these makers and they show up everytime.

Baseballs:
Do NOT use sharpies on baseballs, they fade and look terrible over time. Use blue Bic pens to get them signed

Cards:
Be sure to "prep" glossy cards so that they dont bubble and look terrible, that is the worst thing that can happen to a card other than chris johnson signing it.

tikitomoka said:
I created this thread just to help people out getting IP autos, feel free to add things

Silver Markers:
DO NOT use silver sharpies, they look terrible on cards and dont look very good on memorabilia either, use Deco Color paint pens. i get everything i need, in silver, signed in these makers and they show up everytime.

Baseballs:
Do NOT use sharpies on baseballs, they fade and look terrible over time. Use blue Bic pens to get them signed

Cards:
Be sure to "prep" glossy cards so that they dont bubble and look terrible, that is the worst thing that can happen to a card other than chris johnson signing it.

Silver Sharpies are good sometimes, but I do agree that they aren't the greatest pen. You might get only two or three crisp thick signatures depending on how much pressure the athlete puts on the pen. But if you plan on getting a dark item signed, get a paint pen.

With baseballs, get a blue ball point pen that writes nice and smooth. It can't lag here and there because the signature will not come out clear. You can get a legit ball point pen at a Staples or Office Max.

If your getting cards signed, make sure you wipe them down with a dollar bill to diminish the amount of gloss. You should do this to most cards unless they are Topps Total (total paper).

If your getting white panel balls signed (football and basketball), make sure you get them signed in black. The blue will evidently fade and sometimes run which causes smudges.

P.S.-Remember how certain colors mix-especially with the color blue. (Ex. "lakers stuff" blue and yellow = green)

Not near as well. Erasers can leave marks that mess up the card if not done perfect. And using baby power is a lot faster and easier.

GotGibson? said:
Not near as well. Erasers can leave marks that mess up the card if not done perfect. And using baby power is a lot faster and easier.
I've used erasers on all glossy cards for TTM and worked perfectly each time. Not everyone has baby powder at home, but everyone has a pencil. Also, the fast and easy, erasing isn't that hard, it wont take long, ;).

Just buy some staedtler lumocolor markers and you wont have to prep the cards...They are higher than sharpies, but are worth it....That is all I ever used when I use to do graphs at the local baseball games.

I got a baseball signed by Whitey Ford 13 years ago. Signed it with a regular black sharpie and hasn't faded a bit.

yes black sharpies are the best if not the only sharpie i would use on a baseball to get signed best thing to use on a baseball is a BIC BLUE! have a signed alex rodriguez baseball signed in black sharpie about 10 years old and hasnt faded a bit, the blue red or other color sharpies will start running withn a few months of having the autograh even if it boxed up and stored. silver sharpies are good for about one or 2 uses then trash them. if your looking to do more then 2 graphs with silver at one time go with the above mentioned paint pen. hope my little 2 cents helps with your graphing adventures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back