Griffey Jr auto ball with coa (all star ball)

will22clark said:
more than 50% is hard to believe

Not really hard to beleive. The stings brought down many authenticators who had issued COAs in the ten of thousands which were fakes. The items were already gone. Not to mention all the small time players who are still doing it. They do it on the big names that bring money. If you haven't heard of the company that issued the COA.... Beware. There's a ton of crap floating around EBAY. So you have a ball with a Griffey auto on it that you didn't see get signed..... has a COA you've never heard of. What makes you so confident it is real? Your hoping.

Nobody is attacking or questioning you so please don't take it that way. But flip this around if you are buying. Would you spend $110 on the ball and hope it is real or spend $175-$200 to get one that is PSA/DNA and KNOW is real (or at least can be 95% sure as even those guys make mistakes)
And past that, if you buy something and send it in and it isn't real, then what? If you buy from a reputable dealer they are going to quickly refund your money and probably give you something else for your trouble (or at least that is how we would handle it) . If you buy it or trade from it and it comes from the kid down the street, then what? You are going to have to chase and chase and file police reports and hope they will do something to help you because going to small claims court on something halfway across the country is not normally a viable option.

I have bought and sold several UDA Griffey items and a couple of autographed Gartlan figurines so I have seen a few different Griffey autographs and yours looks good but still, most of the fakes DO look good.
That is why I suggested if you believe it is real to spend the money to get it authenticated. You will get MORE than what the authentication costs back when you sell it. And if it isn't real, you don't risk your own reputation by selling someone a fake and you can start the process of going after whomever you got it from

gotcha point.All i can say is it came from an old shop owner that i now consign for that deals with all kinds of reputable authenticators such as psa/dna uda,steiner,scoreboard,golden sport,mounted memories,etc...and sometimes gets stuff from other authenticators when buying collections.This one happens to be from an old local shop that he bought out a collection from named CSC collectibles

Ok, so you deal regularly with the guy and he is a store owner. That works out well for you if there is a problem. If he deals direct with PSA/DNA he might be able to submit at a discount. And that way if it comes back a fake you know who to chase down to get your money back.
You will see on our website we sell a ton of autographed photos including some big names like Bonds. But it took years of business (and our double money back guarantee which we have never had to use) before we got steady buyers on them because of the fear of getting a fake.

It is sad how some creeps did such damage to the autograph business over the last 15 years. Thanks to them there is more fake out there than authentic.

Lastly, if you can get $110 for it without a major cert, I would take it.

Back