Cutler to Bears

Brad

Bench Warmer
I swear I just read it on the bottom line as a teaser for Sports Center saying that they agree in principle. Bear might have a legitimate QB :shock:

waahoooo!!!!

And I for one am not concerned about the loss of the 2009 and 2010 first round draft picks. It's not like Angelo knows how to use them anyway.

I so hope you are not lying! I would love this!

To acquire Cutler, the Bears had to give up quarterback Kyle Orton and first-round picks in 2009 and 2010, a source said.

To complete the trade, the Broncos had to give back a third-round pick in 2009.

Still like it? 2 firsts and a third, your backup QB, for Cutler, his box of tissues, and a 5th rounder?

I think that's a lot.

YOWZA. I don't think he's worth that much, although I'm not looking forward to playing him twice a year.

...congrats Bears fans?

There's a good chance one of those first rounders would have been traded anyway, and I'd much rather see Angelo making bold moves to trade them for a potential franchise quarterback than trading down for multiple later round picks.

ouch they gave up a lot the 2 1st rounders i think will hurt more than you think

For a franchise quarterback with a contract that is not ridiculous and that is very young.

They did not overpay at all.

Overpaying is Dallas giving 2 first rounders for Joey Galloway.

Overpaying is everything the Saints gave up to get Rickey Williams

This is adequate compensation. It will be interesting to see if the Broncos sign a guy like Garcia to go with Orton.

Back