Football Is It Worth it?

Should I get Marques Colston Boman Chrome RC Graded?

• Yes

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • No

Votes: 15 78.9%

• Total voters

corys763

Bench Warmer
I have a Marques Colston Bowman Chrome RC, I was wondering what people thought about getting it graded!! is it really worth it??? It went straight from the pack into a sleeve and toploader!!!

Its what a $15 card? There is no reason to grade a card that low in BV

the best u can get is a bgs 9.5, those sell from 15-20 compared the non graded sell for 1-4. Thats like a 15$ difference, not really worth it cause it costs 15 bucks to grade

TribeBuckeyeFan said:
It's a $15 card now - get it graded, but hold it until next season rolls around. I bet it goes up another $10 by the time the season starts.

ok a $25 card is still not worth getting graded.

I think it is. A $25 of a hot player - and say it does come out to be a 9.5. That card is then gonna pull at least $150 on the bay if that's what he plans to do with it. If a card starts at a high amount, it doesn't have that much room to move even if it is graded high.

TribeBuckeyeFan said:
I think it is. A $25 of a hot player - and say it does come out to be a 9.5. That card is then gonna pull at least $150 on the bay if that's what he plans to do with it. If a card starts at a high amount, it doesn't have that much room to move even if it is graded high.

If you get it graded BGS, you're paying minimum $10 to have it graded, plus your shipping fee to send it to Beckett (just say $2), plus you have to pay minimum $8 return shipping plus there is required insurance of $6. So you're looking at $26 to have that card graded. That's almost twice what it's worth.

It's not even an auto. There's no way that card is going to go for $150. No way in hell.

thanks for the input!! Would it make any difference if i submitted a group of cards at once...would that lower prices of shipping and stuff to make it more worth while...i have never gotten a card graded before even though i have a few in my collection and i know how it affects value!!

That's why I said to wait until it was close to next season to put in on ebay - football season is over, of course sales are going to be slow. But with the year he had, expectations will be high, and there will be alot of prospectors out there looking for these.

corys763 said:
thanks for the input!! Would it make any difference if i submitted a group of cards at once...would that lower prices of shipping and stuff to make it more worth while...i have never gotten a card graded before even though i have a few in my collection and i know how it affects value!!

I suggest if you plan on getting a card graded to get a few done at the same time. It costs $8 for shipping plus $6 for insurance if the total is under $100BV (and an additional $2 if the card is autographed), so you're looking at $26for 1 card. If you got 10 graded, you can get 10 for $10 each with a coupon (plus shipping/insurance), so maybe $120 total ($12 a card).

kutzy said:
Its what a $15 card? There is no reason to grade a card that low in BV

Well if he collects Colston (or another potential collector/buyer) and wants the protect his cards as best they can be, then sure theres very much a valid reason to have it slabbed.

coltstopps said:
Well if he collects Colston (or another potential collector/buyer) and wants the protect his cards as best they can be, then sure theres very much a valid reason to have it slabbed.

I disagree . . if he collects the guy spend the money and buy 3 more of the same card. Now you got 4 of them instead of 1. There is no way a $15 card is EVER worth getting graded in terms of hobby value. The cost will far outweight any potential income gain.

Back